cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 124 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2302
Like Tree385Likes

Thread: *Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

International Coach Starfighter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    He's lengthened his run considerably. Still looked very natural though, didn't look forced at all.
    Yeah, the highlights were just put up. His old one was ten steps, his new one sixteen. Looks like he's smoother and straining less than before. I find it a tad odd it was so short to start with, considering chest on bowlers like him tend to generate power from their runup, whereas side on bowlers tend to generate it in the crease so often have slower (and shorter) runs for the same pace.
    the big bambino likes this.

International Vice-Captain S.Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    In fairness it has taken till his 13th test and nearly 4 years to see him bowl like this. The big question is will we see it again before 2023?
    He has done that for Durham for years.
    He (Alastair Cook) and his family are very much the sort of people we want the England captain and his family to be
    Giles Clark
    What we are doing here is future-proofing county cricket
    Tom Harrison.
    We want to make the game as simple as possible for them (mums and kids) to understand
    Andrew Strauss.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    It was a quite brilliant spell of fast, hostile bowling from Wood. So pleased that he's still capable of bowling like that, but of course as is the case with him, retaining that level of fitness is always likely to be the big question mark. To be perfectly honest I wasn't sure he still had that type of spell left in him after all the terrible injuries he's sustained.

Absolute joy to watch and as England fans I'm sure we'll be keeping everything crossed that his injuries are behind him and we can enjoy him just letting the ball go at 90+mph for the next 18 months or so. Short spells with the role of running in hard just like yesterday is going to have to be managed very carefully.
    It should help that, for England, he's part of a 5 man attack. I look forward to seeing the highlights, as I didn't catch any of yesterday's play live. He can stay fit and bowl those kind of spells with any regularity, then the world's looking a better place today. Interesting to read the comments about his new run-up.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    It wasn't just the pace, those were good nuts even 10Km/h slower. The nick to Bravo in particular left him ded, had to play at it.

Was just a ****ing excellent spell. I'm not surprised changing his run-up has helped, it changed Mitchell Johnson's life. Crucial part of being a quick, almost as much as what you actually send down.

State Vice-Captain
    The seam possition was perfect for most of the deliveries too, particularily the first stint before tea.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    He has done that for Durham for years.
    Nobody cares what he has done for Durham, we want England to win not a minor county in the bottom half of div 2.

International 12th Man
    Nobody cares what he has done for Durham, we want England to win not a minor county in the bottom half of div 2.
    lol

Cow
    Banned
    St Lucia looks fecking great btw. If there was surf in the carribean it would be the best place on the planet.

International Vice-Captain S.Kennedy's Avatar
    The point I was trying to make though is that people here kept saying ''Wood was rubbish'' yet even the merest glance at his county form would have told them that he is indeed an extremely quick and high quality bowler who has not performed for England because he hasn't had a consistent injury free run of form. I've been saying this for ages but everybody kept saying I was an idiot as per usual who knew nothing about cricket.

I have seen many devastating approx 94 mph spells for Durham. He was probably at his peak around 2013-15 before he had this run of devastating injuries. Heck, there was even one on television, v Joe Root in the Twenty20 Blast semi-final (2016 if memory serves). He made Joe Root look like Glenn McGrath.

People would see these cricketers before England contention and actually know ''stuff'' about them if they followed the county game more closely, rather than ''oh, who's this wanker. I've never seen him before''.
    Borges and Singh767 like this.

Cow
    Banned
    Yeah... feck Durham and all who live there.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The point I was trying to make though is that people here kept saying ''Wood was rubbish'' yet even the merest glance at his county form would have told them that he is indeed an extremely quick and high quality bowler who has not performed for England because he hasn't had a consistent injury free run of form. I've been saying this for ages but everybody kept saying I was an idiot as per usual who knew nothing about cricket.

I have seen many devastating approx 94 mph spells for Durham. He was probably at his peak around 2013-15 before he had this run of devastating injuries. Heck, there was even one on television, v Joe Root in the Twenty20 Blast semi-final (2016 if memory serves). He made Joe Root look like Glenn McGrath.

People would see these cricketers before England contention and actually know ''stuff'' about them if they followed the county game more closely, rather than ''oh, who's this wanker. I've never seen him before''.
    Agree with your general point but I've actually watched quite a lot of him whenever television appearances allowed and I've never seen him anywhere near 94 mph. County games don't have speed guns either. I'm sure he has been quick before but that pace was surely more than even you could have expected. I thought he could touch 90 occasionally which in the county game is lightening fast.

I can't wait for the second innings to see if this is Mark Wood 2.0 or if the heavens happened to align for him yesterday.

Back to thoughts on yesterday, I was disappointed with how Keemo Paul batted. He has descended into T20 slogging due to a few successful innings, but he has the technique to play proper innings and has an excellent FC ton under his belt. He needs to do better.

Cricket Spectator
    Just seen the score overnight. How was Wood's spell? Was it brilliant bowling or subpar batting - or the most likely option - a bit of both?
    The greatest sport in the world... cricket!

The best cricketer the world has ever created: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V._R._V._Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    I can't wait for the second innings to see if this is Mark Wood 2.0 or if the heavens happened to align for him yesterday.
    Mark wood 2.0 is what the more sagacious denizens of CricketWeb would pronounce as a moderate upgrade over Mark 1.
    He should be able to have a lot of fun in the second innings too.

Nobody listens to this Kennedy; nobody, not even those who claim to be England fans, follows Kennedy's county cricket; to their detriment, I might add.
    Look at this ignorant Cow, for example.

State Vice-Captain
    What was that first up Burns? ffs, the wheel is endless....

Thread Information