• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of West Indies 2019

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Ffs Wood is so frustrating. Bowled incredibly today but this doesn't happen consistently enough. If he was able to produce this level of pace and accuracy every game he would probably be an automatic pick for the team. But as it is, he averages 50 for a reason.

Saying that, it's been a good effort by our bowlers so far. No one has particularly bowled badly. Ali has been a bit unfortunate last two matches to go for as many runs as he has done imo.

Windies have been fine enough too. I get the impression that 280-90 should be a competitive score; using variations seems to work well

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad to see the restraint from Hetty.

Is Root under bowling Rashid because his spot is unquestioned and he wants to try out the other contenders? Hope that's the case, cause otherwise it's quite stupid.

Woodster

International Captain
From WI point of view, they seem content to try and stop the boundaries and wait for England to make a mistake, but England keeping wickets in the shed and still only chasing around a run a ball. Holder’s going to have to attack and try and take a couple of wickets soon.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From WI point of view, they seem content to try and stop the boundaries and wait for England to make a mistake, but England keeping wickets in the shed and still only chasing around a run a ball. Holder’s going to have to attack and try and take a couple of wickets soon.
Nurse keeps on dropping them

Woodster

International Captain
It is a tough one for Holder this, these two are in and set and if he over attacks I guess England will just pick them off and take them much closer in a short space of time. Guess he’s just hoping they sneak a wicket somehow.

hazsa19

International Regular
I love the celebration, but I bet if you were a batsman you’d want to wrap the bat around his face :laugh:

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Where is Narine ?
Dude just vanished ? Wasn't he even opening the battting in T20 as well ?

This series would have been a lot more competitive if WI had their better players available.