• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2018 World Test XI

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I know that there are still 3 BDTs to be played, but it is getting to time when we start thinking about teams of the year. This year a lot of the usual batting suspects can't be considered with AB and Cook retiring, Warner and Smith's bans, and fairly underwhelming/poor performances from the likes of Root, Amla, Bairstow, and QDK.

My team:
Karunaratne
Pujara (as an opener)
Williamson (c)
Kohli
Nicholls
M Rahim (wk)
Holder
Curran
Rabada
Lyon
Abbas

Thoughts?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if your picking Curran over Anderson (even allowing for his batting) then this might not be the right forum for you:laugh:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's actually pretty hard. There has been some quality bowling this year, terrible batting notwithstanding. Hazelwood, Abbas, Anderson, Rabada obviously and even Bumrah were terrific.

Watling vs Mushfiq? Better keeper Vs better bat arguably.

Flem274*

123/5
watling is better with bat and gloves than the uppity little shrieker

i'd select a dead cow over mushfiqur behind the stumps tho. anything not to hear *batsman middles forward defensive shot* AHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOWLING SUCKY SUCKY

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately the lack of Australian representation is justified this year. Aside from Lyon nobody really deserves it this year

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
watling is better with bat and gloves than the uppity little shrieker

i'd select a dead cow over mushfiqur behind the stumps tho. anything not to hear *batsman middles forward defensive shot* AHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOWLING SUCKY SUCKY
I agree but thought I'd be struggling to get away with NZers at 3, 5 and 6

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Spent a large chunk of the year injured. Granted he only missed two tests in that time though

Not far off but probably needed more games to be in the top XI

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree but thought I'd be struggling to get away with NZers at 3, 5 and 6
Putting Watling in there would be a lot more justified than shoehorning Nicholls in lol

edit: based on their abilities as players. I understand that with NZ only playing a handful of games in 2018 there are going to be some outlying stats

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Holder vaires between 7 or 8 depending on what team balance the West Indies go with. Don't think he has ever batted ahead of wicketkeeper Shane Dowrich though