• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New feature: Zero to Sixty; Important Runs in Test Cricket

chasingthedon

International Regular
A discussion on the forum following my feature on batting impact, notably highlighting Tom Graveney and Hanif Mohammad, which chiefly involved, myself, Bolo and Starfighter, regarding whether or not the phenomenon of 'clutch' ability even existed and could be shown objectively, or was it simply 'a spurious [concept] founded on subjective impressions', as Starfighter put it.

I have spent some time in the ensuing months trying to get to the bottom of this, and after discussing with interested forum members including Bolo, Starfighter and TheJediBrah, here are the fruits of my labours,

Zero to Sixty - Important Runs in Test Cricket | Cricket Web