• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Blatant Chucker Of The Cricket Ball

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Past and present.

Spearheads of their respective attacks.
Part-timers
Keepers turning over their arms and called for chucking?

Burgey

Who was the bloke who came over here from Zimbabwe and played an ODI? He’d been in the media before the game and seemed such a good bloke, did a lot of media and everyone loved him. It might have been Blessing someone or other.

Then he bowled his first over and there was silence in the commentary box for all six balls as everyone took in his action before Richie Benaud said “there are a lot of things young bowlers have to learn as they make their way in international cricket, and I think Blessing ....... is going to find out what a few of them are.”

His action was probably the worst I’ve ever seen.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Unless there's been some pretty blatant throwers to hit the scene in the last few years, it has to be Ajmal.

I mean his teesra was literally just him running up to the crease and throwing it at batsmen.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jim Burke

Ajmal

David Gower technically counts I suppose.

Who was the bloke who came over here from Zimbabwe and played an ODI? He’d been in the media before the game and seemed such a good bloke, did a lot of media and everyone loved him. It might have been Blessing someone or other.

Then he bowled his first over and there was silence in the commentary box for all six balls as everyone took in his action before Richie Benaud said “there are a lot of things young bowlers have to learn as they make their way in international cricket, and I think Blessing ....... is going to find out what a few of them are.”

His action was probably the worst I’ve ever seen.
Do you remember roughly when? 03-04?

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given that Tony Lock, when he saw himself on film, immediately changed his action he must have been as blatant as anyone

Burgey

"I'm not sure that's a totally legal delivery, but keep him on."
- Very, very rare gold from Ian Healy in that clip.

TheJediBrah

"He's working within the 15 degrees that's for sure"

I think Heals is referring to the 40-55 degrees range