• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Blatant Chucker Of The Cricket Ball

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember once seeing film of Ian Meckiff.

If that was anything like representative of his normal work I'm amazed he was allowed to play.
Compare the reaction of Benaud, who was Meckiff’s skipper when he was called by a home umpire and immediately removed him from the attack for the whole match, and the disgraceful Ranatunga when Murali was called, who spat his dummy and then tried bowling him from the other end. WAC he is.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Compare the reaction of Benaud, who was Meckiff’s skipper when he was called by a home umpire and immediately removed him from the attack for the whole match, and the disgraceful Ranatunga when Murali was called, who spat his dummy and then tried bowling him from the other end. WAC he is.
Was pre-ordained though wasn't it?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The most blatant would be a pick between Amla and Inzamam. But, hey, it never mattered.

The most blatant ones would be, Ajmal, Senanayake, Roy Gilchrist, Sonny Ramdin, Jasprit Patel, and Tony Lock in no particular order. There are allegations that bowlers like Sylvester Clark chucked their bouncers to hit the batsman and intimidate them once in a while. For me this is the worst type of chucking.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Or Kaushal.
His off break was even better than people havin classical actions. At the worst only 50% of his doosras were illegal. It's a pity that coaches did not help him with the issues with his action (elbow was the least of them), and faded away.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Putting his action aside, I remember Kaushal bowling a fair few front foot no balls. Now for a spinner that is just inexcusable.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nothing similar to Murali. Utseya is a finger spinner. If this discussion involved Maurice Homes or Mohnish Parmer then it would have been.
It’s got to do with him because they changed the rules to accommodate him and in doing so let in all these other blokes whose actions stink too.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It’s got to do with him because they changed the rules to accommodate him and in doing so let in all these other blokes whose actions stink too.
Usual piss. Rules were changed to accommodate McGrath and Pollock, because they were extending it more than Murali.