• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Big Bash League 2018-19

Spark

Global Moderator
i think we can all agree that this is the right result not just for this competition, but for humanity,

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
on the flip side, I struggle to see any future Melbourne Stars team having as many people I like in it as this one had, therefore if they have to win one, better now

and they would have won had star NSW batsman Nick Larkin played

the big bambino

International Captain
While they must be disappointed what the Stars have to remember is that even though they lost 1 billion people in China don't care. Or 25 million in Australia.

TheJediBrah

I've said it all tournament you can't waste the powerplay. Saving wickets to hit out is a risky move
Yeah there's definitely something to this. It's all well and good to say "hey the openers laid the platform, middle order ****ed it up", but in the end the openers had the much easier job of the 2, and could definitely have shown more urgency.

The Stars collapse showed that with 5 men out and good bowling that even with a lot of wickets in hand, 8-9 an over can be very difficult.

Maxwell's shot was just rank though. I was at the game and it's the same shot he played to get out against India at the ODI I was at last month: weird moronic flick off the hip straight up in the air, with 3 men back on the leg side. It was never going to be 6 and was always going to carry no matter how well he hit it. Bloke really does have mental issues.

trundler

Yeah there's definitely something to this. It's all well and good to say "hey the openers laid the platform, middle order ****ed it up", but in the end the openers had the much easier job of the 2, and could definitely have shown more urgency.

The Stars collapse showed that with 5 men out and good bowling that even with a lot of wickets in hand, 8-9 an over can be very difficult.

Maxwell's shot was just rank though. I was at the game and it's the same shot he played to get out against India at the ODI I was at last month: weird moronic flick off the hip straight up in the air, with 3 men back on the leg side. It was never going to be 6 and was always going to carry no matter how well he hit it. Bloke really does have mental issues.
Damn political correctness. Can't even say thick headed **** with **** for brains anymore.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Maxi was disappointing but his last two innings were very good. Handscombe annoyed me more.

But yeah openers shouldn't go at a run a ball for 10 overs. There's two fielders out of the ring in the PP, you gotta take risks. If they lost two wickets but scored 15 more runs in that PP then they would have earned the right to knock it around for singles and twos for the rest of the innings basically

Last edited: