• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Records for recent Australian bowling groups

J_o_h_n

Cricket Spectator
Hey everyone . . .

Wondering if anyone can assist with the following information . . . or alternatively point me to where the info can be located.

How many tests did McGrath/Gillespie/Lee play together?
How many test wickets did they take while playing in the one team?
What was the strike rate?

AND . . . comparing the above data to this data . . .

How many tests have Starc/Hazelwood/Cummins played together?
How many test wickets have they taken while playing in the one team?
What is their strike rate?

Thanks all. John.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Hey everyone . . .

Wondering if anyone can assist with the following information . . . or alternatively point me to where the info can be located.

How many tests did McGrath/Gillespie/Lee play together?
How many test wickets did they take while playing in the one team?
What was the strike rate?

AND . . . comparing the above data to this data . . .

How many tests have Starc/Hazelwood/Cummins played together?
How many test wickets have they taken while playing in the one team?
What is their strike rate?

Thanks all. John.
your answers are in here Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

and here Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

I don't know how to group the numbers and disclude everyone else. If anyone knows can you post the search criteria that does this?

I make that McGrath and co took 243 wickets in 22 matches at 11.04 wickets per match and a strike rate of 13438 balls for 243 wickets = 55.30.
Hazlewood and Co took 102 wickets in 8 matches at 12.75 wickets per match and a strike rate of 5282 balls for 102 wickets = 51.78

Interesting!

I'd be interested to see how the numbers pan out adding Warne and Lyon to complete the attacks but couldn't be arsed right now.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
your answers are in here Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

and here Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

I don't know how to group the numbers and disclude everyone else. If anyone knows can you post the search criteria that does this?

I make that McGrath and co took 243 wickets in 22 matches at 11.04 wickets per match and a strike rate of 13438 balls for 243 wickets = 55.30.
Hazlewood and Co took 102 wickets in 8 matches at 12.75 wickets per match and a strike rate of 5282 balls for 102 wickets = 51.78

Interesting!

I'd be interested to see how the numbers pan out adding Warne and Lyon to complete the attacks but couldn't be arsed right now.
Hopefully these links work:

Hazlewood + Starc + Cummins
Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

Hazlewood + Starc + Cummins + Lyon

Total Attack when all four play (i.e. includes part-timer numbers)

---

McGrath + Gillespie + Lee

McGrath + Gillespie + Lee + Warne

Total attack when all four play (i.e. includes part-timer numbers)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
My analysis is that Kasprowicz should be as noteworthy as Lee, and Reiffel is quite possibly the most underrated Test cricketer of all time.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep and he also strategically dropped a catch over the boundary in 1999 to ensure we had the greatest world cup match of all time in the semi final.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Bichel and Kasprowicz were such an effective new ball partnership for Queensland, at more than one stage it almost seemed like they were fighting eachother for one spot in the Australian setup

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bichel and Kasprowicz were such an effective new ball partnership for Queensland, at more than one stage it almost seemed like they were fighting eachother for one spot in the Australian setup
Largely because they were. They were great mates too and celebrated each other getting picked for the test side.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Always thought Bichel was better than Kaspa ever so slightly, but Kaspa got picked for more tests.

Bichel was a pretty handy bat too.