• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the drawn test matches

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That England Zimbabwe test from ~96 where what's his face said they flipping murdered em. It was the first draw with scores tied

Last edited:

J_C

U19 Captain
S.A. vs India Cape Town 2011
Australia vs India Sydney 2004
India vs Australia Chennai 2004

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Oh yeah. That was Greatbatch’s finest hour wasn’t it? Fmd that was a great knock against an attack which had just come off the Ashes.
I don't remember the match much at all. Just memories of my Dad speaking about the match with the amazing batsmanship from Greatbatch. Funny what sticks in your mind.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember when he made his hundred and gave a massive spray to the channel nine commentary box because Ian Chappell had bagged him in the lead up to the match. Happy times

Bijed

International Regular
It hope this thread ends with us whittling the list down to 2 choices but, after much intense debate, being unable to decide on a winner

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It hope this thread ends with us whittling the list down to 2 choices but, after much intense debate, being unable to decide on a winner
That American poster needs to read this thread and watch all of these games.

a massive zebra

International Captain
England vs Australia, Birmingham 1902
England vs Australia, Leeds 1930
England vs Australia, Trent Bridge 1938
England vs West Indies, Lords 1963
South Africa vs England, Johannesburg, 1995
Zimbabwe vs England, Bulawayo 1996

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

England had a bunch in a short amount of time with Onions being an unlikely hero a couple of times.

Cardiff 09 v Australia
Centurion 09 v South Africa
Cape Town 10 v South Africa

Also the Prior one in NZ which was about his last stand literally given how his achilles went soon after. Auckland 2013

Shri

Mr. Glass
Has the test where Ashwin drew a test because he couldn't run two been nominated yet?

OverratedSanity

OK so far I have :

Ashes 2005 old Trafford
Adelaide 1960-61 Aus vs wi
Aus vs Pak 2018 in uae
Aus vs wi Port of Spain 1984
India vs SA 2013 Johannesburg
SA vs Aus Adelaide 2012
Ashes 2009 cardiff
Eng vs ind oval 1979
Eng vs NZ Auckland 2013
England vs SA Capetown 2009
Pak vs England Abu Dhabi 2015
Ashes 2010/11 Brisbane
NZ vs Aus Perth 1989
Eng vs wi lords 1963
Adelaide 1959
Lord's 1953
England vs Australia, Birmingham 1902
England vs Australia, Leeds 1930
England vs Australia, Trent Bridge 1938
South Africa vs England, Johannesburg, 1995
Zimbabwe vs England, Bulawayo 1996
West Indies vs England, Georgetown, 1968
S.A. vs India Cape Town 2011
Australia vs India Sydney 2004
India vs Australia Chennai 2004
Pak vs wi 1957
Aus vs Pak 1994
Ind vs wi Mumbai 2011

A few more noms and I'll run this. I'll also add the Wagner Sodhi blockathon against England from earlier this year.

Last edited: