• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What a day.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Bangladesh almost pull off an upset against the Windies, New Zealand trip over their teammates on the way back to the pavillion against (an apparently second-string) Kent side and Zimbabwe gets thoroughly demolished by a few batsmen from Sri Lanka - which was probably the only thing that we really did expect to happen, although I didn't personally expect it to happen to such a huge extent. Meanwhile, Hogg announces Sean Ervine has retired himself from international cricket with the Zimbabwe crisis spiralling further out of control.

So. When was the last day that this kind of stuff all happened in the matter of 24 hours?

Rich2001

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Bangladesh almost pull off an upset against the Windies, New Zealand trip over their teammates on the way back to the pavillion against (an apparently second-string) Kent side and Zimbabwe gets thoroughly demolished by a few batsmen from Sri Lanka - which was probably the only thing that we really did expect to happen, although I didn't personally expect it to happen to such a huge extent. Meanwhile, Hogg announces Sean Ervine has retired himself from international cricket with the Zimbabwe crisis spiralling further out of control.

So. When was the last day that this kind of stuff all happened in the matter of 24 hours?
Add to that Surrey lose again and Durham of all teams chase down a monster 4th inngs score, Glamorgan vs Essex comes right down to the last overs of the match and Oh I don't know alot more as well :D

Loony BoB said:
New Zealand trip over their teammates on the way back to the pavillion against (an apparently second-string) Kent side
Well we are resting Saggers, Sami, Symo, Treadwell from our normal first X1, but it's probley better than a second X1 but it's certianly not our full strenght side.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
What a day indeed. Who knows what the next 24 hours will hold? 401* for Attapatu? Ban's first ODI victory vs WI? Or will things return to normal?

Rich2001

International Captain
Revelation said:
What a day indeed. Who knows what the next 24 hours will hold? 401* for Attapatu? Ban's first ODI victory vs WI? Or will things return to normal?
Yeah forgot that SL rack up a mad amount of runs and Attapatu hits yet another double ton and the guy the other end wasn't to bad adding 186 himself and a parternship of over 300.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Zim-228

SL-443/1 (Attapatu-202*,Sangakkara-186*) Partnership of 343. Attapatu moves to 4th on the all time list of double century makers.

Name # of 200s (# of Tests)

DG Bradman-12 (52)
WR Hammond-7 (85)
BC Lara-7 (106)
MS Attapatu-6 (73)
J Miandad-6 (124)

This is Attapatu's 3rd 200 vs Zimbabwe. He has one each against Bangladesh, Pakistan and England. Becomes only 4th man after Bradman (vs Eng), Hammond (vs Aus) and Gavaskar (vs WI) to score 3 or more 200s against the same opposition. Lara remains only man to score 2 200s against 3 or more opposition (Eng, Aus and SL)

Kent

State 12th Man
Rich2001 said:
Add to that Surrey lose again and Durham of all teams chase down a monster 4th inngs score
Looks like "I'm England's best" bowled himself into the ground in that game for 6 wickets.

That means Caddick must be well over his injury concerns, but the English CW posters I asked were all pretty resounding that he won't make it near their side this summer anyway.

We could have him back, maybe! Strictly on warm-up form, Craig Spearman might also be getting a call.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kent said:
Looks like "I'm England's best" bowled himself into the ground in that game for 6 wickets.

That means Caddick must be well over his injury concerns, but the English CW posters I asked were all pretty resounding that he won't make it near their side this summer anyway.

We could have him back, maybe! Strictly on warm-up form, Craig Spearman might also be getting a call.
Take Spearman!

PY

International Coach
I want Caddick to be in the squad because I do think he is the final piece for the moment, someone to can keep the runs down while taking wickets.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Revelation said:
Zim-228

SL-443/1 (Attapatu-202*,Sangakkara-186*) Partnership of 343. Attapatu moves to 4th on the all time list of double century makers.

Name # of 200s (# of Tests)

DG Bradman-12 (52)
WR Hammond-7 (85)
BC Lara-7 (106)
MS Attapatu-6 (73)
J Miandad-6 (124)

This is Attapatu's 3rd 200 vs Zimbabwe. He has one each against Bangladesh, Pakistan and England. Becomes only 4th man after Bradman (vs Eng), Hammond (vs Aus) and Gavaskar (vs WI) to score 3 or more 200s against the same opposition. Lara remains only man to score 2 200s against 3 or more opposition (Eng, Aus and SL)
Just goes to show how much the Don dominated back then. I'm surprised that so many double tonners have been scored against Australia

Kent

State 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Take Spearman!
Funnily enough we were going to, for ODIs at least.

He was featuring in Bracewell's NZ plans, until Spearman knocked him back for cash reasons. He's never played with much of a brain, but I'm sure a box-office dud like Gloucester have done quite nicely out of the deal.

tooextracool

International Coach
PY said:
I want Caddick to be in the squad because I do think he is the final piece for the moment, someone to can keep the runs down while taking wickets.
and also bowl short and wide in the 1st innings before coming back with a 5er in the 2nd.....any surprises that those 6 wickets came in the 2nd innings?

Revelation

U19 Debutant
well it's turing out to be a slaughter in Bulawayo:

SL-581/2

Attapatu-249
Sangakkara-250*

Two days and 2 sessions left

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I saw that right after I posted oh well..a Sri Lankan to make a triple century is on though