• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict the margin of Aussie defeat in first test

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
one way or another virat kohli will be dismissed leaving a ball that is hitting the stumps

Top_Cat

Adelaide hasn't been properly flat since, well, since Burdett retired. Fully expect Kohli to score but the others, based on their England tour, dunno.

TheJediBrah

Adelaide hasn't been properly flat since, well, since Burdett retired. Fully expect Kohli to score but the others, based on their England tour, dunno.
It was properly flat in 2014. It's only really stopped being flat with day/night Tests

OverratedSanity

Yeah spun and bounced loads on the last two days.

Doesn't really matter even if it's a good batting pitch, this lineup is terrible away from home no matter what kind of deck it is.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
What's with these assorted Miyagis going on and on and on about Kohli?
As if it is the only point of interest in what I expect to be a fascinating series; one that may perhaps rival the tours to South Africa and England.

trundler

He's in the peak of a lifetime so of course there's great interest surrounding him. If Smith had been active, how much he'd thrash India would have been the talk of the town also. Cummins and Bumrah interest me greatly too, especially the former. What's not to like about young pacers with promising records? India away from home are also the ideal opposition to return from injury layoff against. :ph34r: There's also the feeling that now is probably the easiest India will have it against Australia in Australia.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Screw Kohli.

I only wanted to see Prithvi in this series, the rest is meaningless to me.

vcs

I keep thinking Kohli must be due a bad run of form. Maybe this series is when it happens.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
If test match wins were so easy, we would have won a lot more than just 4 wins in 70 years of visiting Aus. It is such a hard place to win test matches. The only hope would be for Kohli to pile up runs like no one has ever done and also hoping that others would combine to score as many runs as him. With Shaw ( the only promising one out of the rest) out of the way, I don't see much hope. Have a feeling that Rohit will score some runs somewhere.

The bowling (based on what we saw in warm up match) does not look too promising either. Bumrah and Kuldeep( if he plays) might show their class as the series progresses.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
This is one of the weaker Australian batting line ups we've seen, but we still have decent bowling arsenal

SillyCowCorner1

I like the idea of an innings win. Won't happen. Only Shami will be successful; all the others will toil in the Aussie summer.

Burgey

The big question for this series is whether Dale Steyn will play conservatively for a draw before bopping Shami over long on for six.