• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Big Bash League 2018-19 (WBBL|04)

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win for the Thunder in the end, but I liked the spirit shown by the Heat lower order. Jemma Barsby certainly won't die wondering with the willow, not unlike her dad.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does Erin Burns have a chance to make the Aussie team?

I like her style, seen worse options play and as I say this, she gets droppes first ball.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hayley Silver-Holmes has played a few games for the Sixers this season. She’s a Parra kid. Really nice girl. And all of 15 yo. Impressive.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fazackerley looks impressive, she can hit it cleanly. Uses her height to good effect, long levers.
Did you see her in the first game of the tournament? Ive been following her progress ever since. TBH I dont quite know if I think shes good yet, but she has promise.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Did you see her in the first game of the tournament? Ive been following her progress ever since. TBH I dont quite know if I think shes good yet, but she has promise.
Yeah I did, hit her first ball for 6 iirc. Been somewhat rocks and diamonds but she's still only 20 so plenty of time to add a bit of extra consistency and refine her shot selection.

_Ed_

Really exciting finish to this one. Momentum with the Sixers now - it's disappointing that Suzie Bates got out when she did.

_Ed_

Bloody hell, what a start for the Thunder - Healy, Perry and Gardner gone for 9, 13 and 0.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I guess Amanda Wellington looked more promising the last couple of years but shes kind of stagnated.

From memory King didnt look anything special at all last year, I felt like she was a part time bowler but has obviously improved this campaign.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
King was certainty very impressive against the Sixers. The impression I get is that she has always been able to give the ball a decent rip, but her accuracy has improved significantly over the last year or so

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wow that was some finish. What a pressure catch off the last ball for Heat to advance to the final.

Burgey

Such a great finish to the first game. Was walking the dogs down past Drummoyne around that time and it was clutch AF.