• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah I'm a huge Markram fan but van der Dussen is laying down a marker at the moment. Obviously not as easy on the eye as Aiden but has done more in two games than Reeza or Markram have done in more imo. I'd like them to give Markram another go though. Just because he is so talented.
Took the Markram debate to SA selection thread.

Rassie has looked cool and calm and exceeded my expectations.

I do fear when he comes up against teams that have worked him out (what he does well). He is definitely a candidate of eating up a lot of balls and getting out 18 off 30 or 24 off 42 or something.

Maybe I'm being harsh and should back him after 3 50+ scores in 4 international knocks.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No point playing Beuran and not giving him the new ball. Rabada can bowl 1st change and has done well doing that.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pak have dropped a couple of their faux all-rounders. Don’t want to write him off on one viewing but Talat looked a joke of a bowler.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Beuran seems to have found his mojo after that injury. Before that he was in the minds of the selectors. Good to see him out there again. I reckon he's a better fit than Peterson to be honest.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Can only watch a bit later. How has Beuran bowled ?
Bowled alright, nothing special but not much to work with for a bowler at the moment. Fantastic piece of fielding earlier...

Edit: He bowls a bit shorter than I would like in general for a left armer...

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Bowled alright, nothing special but not much to work with for a bowler at the moment. Fantastic piece of fielding earlier...

Edit: He bowls a bit shorter than I would like in general for a left armer...
The left-arm variation would be nice but I've always felt he is a better red-ball bowler and he has a massive no ball problem which isn't ideal for limited overs cricket.

Kind of hoping the door is still open for x-factor Nortje like Zondi said.

Borges

International Regular
Steyn has just two overs left. Pakistan sitting pretty here; they need to up the ante now, and get to 300+.