• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

Dendarii

International Debutant
Massive game for his confidence. Pleasing but hope to see him do this a couple more times v Pakistan and Sri Lanka this summer.
Agreed. It's the sort of innings we've been wanting him to produce (although ideally with slightly fewer risky shots). But now he needs to do it more often.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Going to be great for his confidence.... but I do wish he would get more opportunity. Bats down at 8 to often and largely comes in to either face 10 balls or (occasionally) trying to save the game from a tough situation.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Sarfaraz with a mildly racist comment there In Urdu. Complete disbelief at his luck for the umpteenth time. :laugh: don't know if he will get pulled up for it though.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
The quote I have is: "abbay kaale teri Ammi kahan bethi huwi hain aaj, kya parhwa kay aaya hai aaj." Hindustani speakers? The translation I have suggested to me is, "Where is your mother sitting? Is she doing voodoo that we can't get you out?" Seems innocuous if that is actually what it means.

srbhkshk

International Captain
The quote I have is: "abbay kaale teri Ammi kahan bethi huwi hain aaj, kya parhwa kay aaya hai aaj." Hindustani speakers? The translation I have suggested to me is, "Where is your mother sitting? Is she doing voodoo that we can't get you out?" Seems innocuous if that is actually what it means.
Translation would be - Where's your mom sitting today Black man, Which prayers have you got her to do today?

It's somewhat racist obviously, but honestly very weird to me, maybe the Pakistani's can explain if there's a joke like this doing rounds in the country.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, should definitely get punished for that.

I noticed Shadab Khan and some of the close in fielders were really trying to unsettle Phelukwayo early on. Good that he lucked his way to a match-winning knock.

SeamUp

International Coach
They are being silly, treating Rabada like an overworked work horse.
It is concerning.

No Ngidi doesn't help. Hope he is back for T20s.

Saying that it is clear they looking at a 4th seamer behind Steyn, KG, Ngidi. Morris was that guy In Oz and now they looked at Olivier/Paterson (don't think either is the answer) and now left-arm variation of Beuran Hendricks is an interesting call and they may want it for balance because Reeza Hendrick's chances are slipping away and they need a 8/7 split for WC.

If Klaasen doesn't go is Amla the best keeper of the rest :D

Dendarii

International Debutant
It is concerning.

Saying that it is clear they looking at a 4th seamer behind Steyn, KG, Ngidi. Morris was that guy In Oz and now they looked at Olivier/Paterson (don't think either is the answer) and now left-arm variation of Beuran Hendricks is an interesting call and they may want it for balance because Reeza Hendrick's chances are slipping away and they need a 8/7 split for WC.
According to Cricinfo, Rabada will be rested for the T20s - I suppose they might bring Dala in for those.

The Cricinfo article also said that they wanted to look at Nortje, so it's pretty clear that they're trying to figure out who the best seam option is behind Steyn, Rabada, and Ngidi.

Or possibly Duminy. He pulled off two stumpings in this match: Full Scorecard of South Africa vs Springboks %{matchNum} 2014 - Score Report | ESPNcricinfo.com

SeamUp

International Coach
According to Cricinfo, Rabada will be rested for the T20s - I suppose they might bring Dala in for those.

The Cricinfo article also said that they wanted to look at Nortje, so it's pretty clear that they're trying to figure out who the best seam option is behind Steyn, Rabada, and Ngidi.

Or possibly Duminy. He pulled off two stumpings in this match: Full Scorecard of South Africa vs Springboks %{matchNum} 2014 - Score Report | ESPNcricinfo.com
Just read that. So we assuming 2 all-rounders will go. Pretorius' position to lose ? (Which irritates me)

Zaniel

Cricket Spectator
It is concerning.

David Miller use the keep wicket for the Dolphins when Darren Smit was bowling. Maybe Gihahn Cloete in for Reeza Hendricks is better.

SeamUp

International Coach
David Miller use the keep wicket for the Dolphins when Darren Smit was bowling. Maybe Gihahn Cloete in for Reeza Hendricks is better.
South Africa just might have to make a plan if they don't take Klaasen. Whether it is Duminy, Amla, Miller.

But the problem comes with if QdK gets injured they will have to replace him and what if he only needs to miss 2 games.

Probably have to admit Klaasen just needs to find for again and its looking unlikely Reeza Hendricks and Aiden Markram are going to the world Cup.

Bahseph

State Captain
Yeah I'm a huge Markram fan but van der Dussen is laying down a marker at the moment. Obviously not as easy on the eye as Aiden but has done more in two games than Reeza or Markram have done in more imo. I'd like them to give Markram another go though. Just because he is so talented.

akilana

International 12th Man
Yeah I'm a huge Markram fan but van der Dussen is laying down a marker at the moment. Obviously not as easy on the eye as Aiden but has done more in two games than Reeza or Markram have done in more imo. I'd like them to give Markram another go though. Just because he is so talented.
Should have played Aiden this series. He is one big score away from bossing it in ODIs. They keep picking proven failures but don’t want to have a bit of patience with him.