• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018/19

Flem274*

123/5
The Sri Lankan quick bowlers have done quite well then. Collectively, 20 overs, three wickets for 54.
In contrast to the Indian bowlers in their warm up, I might add.
mate no one in the nz xi batting plays fc. robinson has a few games several years back but that's about it. an actual bowling attack would have this team out for 40.
A three legged dog would be more useful than Guptill in Tests tbh
and be pretty cute too

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Sandeep Patel playing some great looking pulls ala West Indian style. Good player...

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
On the evidence of what I saw on the NZC website, Liam Dudding would have to be one of the most aptly named cricketers I have ever came across

jcas0167

International Debutant
Katene Clarke looked impressive in the under 19's, nice to see he's raced to 35 off 35 balls.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Mathews appearing that he is getting inform. SL have Chandimal back. He and Karunarathne in ICC top 20 at the moment. Dhananjaya, Mendis, Roshen, all showed some form in last series. Rather than here and there erforming, I'd like everyone to register their performance in a single match. I don't care if we get steam rolled in the other match.

Howsie

International Captain
im torn on ajaz v somer"**** flem"ville. somerville gets good bounce and short finger spinners like ajaz get flayed even harder than the average finger spinner in nz, but ajaz has a long record of not getting flayed in fc cricket like most of his competitors and left arm spin seems to have some weird quality in world cricket that makes it super effective relative to what it looks like it should be
Somerville please, Ajaz isn’t a serious option in New Zealand conditions, he’s probably shorter then the wife.

Santner was back playing club cricket yesterday, he’ll be back soon enough.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Agree, I wasn't be sarcastic, Bangers are a better test side than SL at the moment.
Disagree with that pretty heartily, especially on tour. Not only did SL stuff the Bangerz this year, they also drew a test series in the Windies a couple months before Bangladesh got thumped by the same team. Don't forget that Bangladesh lost a test match to Zimbabwe last month.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Disagree with that pretty heartily, especially on tour. Not only did SL stuff the Bangerz this year, they also drew a test series in the Windies a couple months before Bangladesh got thumped by the same team. Don't forget that Bangladesh lost a test match to Zimbabwe last month.
On a spinning wicket, it is even between sides. On a seaming track, Bangla lineup doesn't stand a chance.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not just this. 2 more tours coming in quick succession.

2 Tests vs Australi

and a full tour to SA.
That's a brutal schedule.

Think SL had a full tour or SA only two years back, surprising it's happening again so soon.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Chandimal looked very confused after getting bowled by Coburn. Coburn next in line under the 'NZ spinners guaranteed to take a debut 7-fer' rule :happy:.

Agree with earlier comments that some very nice boundaries from Sandeep Patel and Katene Clarke. Interesting batting style from Max Chu too - a cross between Mark Chapman and a hyperactive frog.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
I actually think Sri Lanka have the capacity to be competitive in this series. The Sri Lankan seamers (Chameera, Lakmal, Pradeep and Kumara I assume as the selection) are no pushovers given favourable conditions. Importantly they have batsmen capable of big game defining scores as well. Mathews, Karunaratne, Chandimal, and Mendis, once he sorts his s**t out, are four batsmen capable of playing great knocks in any conditions. I don't expect them to win either of the test matches but I don't think they'll be comprehensively outdone. As was the case in our recent tour in SL where we won all 3 games but never really dominated.