• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Game - Fantasy Cricket 2019

Teuton

International Captain
Ah okay good that we're on the same page

it's funny that AR is a term that is thrown at a batsman who bowls part time way quicker than at a bowler who scores useful runs.

Labbers and Denly ARs

Sam and Tom Curran both just FBs
Not being across the English domestic game, first i heard of Denly he was some sort of do-everything-spinning-allrounder they were considering for their WC spot. After seeing him in the ashes he's clearly a batsman whole bowls a bit.

And i think Labuschagne was talked about as being picked as the no 6 in UAE tests over some other contender because he could bowl plenty of overs of spin. but again in hindsight he is just a batsmn who can roll the arm over.

Its a bit of a dark art since roles evolve over time but i try to say an allrounder can bat in the top 6/7 and be good enough to be the 5th bowler in an ODI. lots of guys are grey area though so i just make a call and stick with it for the yr then re-evaluate for the next year's comp.

anil1405

International Captain
morgie can kick us off when ready. 8 hr time limit per pick but we have to finish by the end of the month.

Good luck to everyone in Q4 - can we catch they guy who hasnt touched his team all yr?

edit: clearly he was ready, pup is next
PFC has solid players for quarter 4 too. Some of them are set to play so many games.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll go with Callum MacLeod, pending the answer to the question below:

The upcoming t20 WC qualifier tournament has international status right?

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
To make things worse for Teuton ICC has approved international status (for T20's) to all of its member nations starting Jan 1, 2019.

anil1405

International Captain
Yes. Theyve been members for the last 9 months already. Jan 1 2019 like you said.
Yeah I mean't that things have already started to get complicated for Teuton. It's just that there haven't been a bulk of T20 games that minnow teams have been playing, until now.

mr_mister

Yeah, it seems there will be little incentive to pick anything but minnow players if they're going to play a million t20s

Teuton

International Captain
Yeah it did worry me going into the year. But I just had to add extra filters to the statsguru query to pick the main countries. If someone does pick a genuine outsider then I would have to adjust. If too many ppl pick them I would just make up a new rule

Last edited:

mr_mister

Yeah, it seems there will be little incentive to pick anything but minnow players if they're going to play a million t20s
I'll add to this you still need to make sure they're good players though

I'm sure most of the Aussie top 6 will gather more points this summer than most of the minnow batsmen in this upcoming tournament

Teuton

International Captain
Round 1
morgieb - Rahmat Shah
Pup Clarke - Khaleel Ahmed
mr_mister - Callum MacLeod
NUFAN - Marnus Labuschagne
Teuton - Neil Wagner
anil1405 - Mark Adair

Round 2
morgieb - Hamuna Vihari
Pup Clarke - Isuru Udana