• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India A in New Zealand 2018

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
India A team in Newzeland

This particular A series may deserve its own series thread. Just look at the squads:

Regular test batsman Ajinkya Rahane will captain India A in the first match, and Karun Nair, a triple century-maker in just his third test in 2016, will lead in the second and third games of the series.

Other prominent names in the squad to be coached by one of cricket's all-time greats Rahul Dravid, are top class batsmen Rohit Sharma - scorer of a staggering three ODI double centuries - Murali Vijay and 19-year-old Prithvi Shaw, who led India to the under 19 world title in Mount Maunganui early this year, and who made a century on his Test debut against the West Indies last month.

New Zealand A Squad
George Worker (Central Stags)
Will Young (Central Stags)
Tim Seifert (Northern Districts)
Glenn Phillips (Auckland Aces)
Rachin Ravindra (Wellington Firebirds)
Dane Cleaver (Central Stags, game one only)
Cam Fletcher (Canterbury, games two and three only)
Doug Bracewell (Central Stags)
Kyle Jamieson (Canterbury)
Lockie Ferguson (Auckland Aces, games two and three only)
Seth Rance (Central Stags)
Blair Tickner (Central Stags)
Scott Kuggeleijn (Northern Districts, game one only)
Logan van Beek (Wellington Firebirds)
Theo van Woerkom (Canterbury)

I know nothing of Theo. Basically with Astle and Santner injured, Sommerville and Patel in the UAE - NZC has run out of spinners not retired from internationals ;-).

Very little batting in the NZA team - but good chances for Young and Ravindra to progress their careers. There are a lot of seam bowlers in this squad

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/104766/india-a-game-to-paves-the-way-for-test-aspirants-in-new-zeland

Last edited:

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Newzeland A vs India A in nZ

India A team in Newzeland

This particular A series may deserve its own series thread. Just look at the squads:

Regular test batsman Ajinkya Rahane will captain India A in the first match, and Karun Nair, a triple century-maker in just his third test in 2016, will lead in the second and third games of the series.

Other prominent names in the squad to be coached by one of cricket's all-time greats Rahul Dravid, are top class batsmen Rohit Sharma - scorer of a staggering three ODI double centuries - Murali Vijay and 19-year-old Prithvi Shaw, who led India to the under 19 world title in Mount Maunganui early this year, and who made a century on his Test debut against the West Indies last month.

New Zealand A Squad
George Worker (Central Stags)
Will Young (Central Stags)
Tim Seifert (Northern Districts)
Glenn Phillips (Auckland Aces)
Rachin Ravindra (Wellington Firebirds)
Dane Cleaver (Central Stags, game one only)
Cam Fletcher (Canterbury, games two and three only)
Doug Bracewell (Central Stags)
Kyle Jamieson (Canterbury)
Lockie Ferguson (Auckland Aces, games two and three only)
Seth Rance (Central Stags)
Blair Tickner (Central Stags)
Scott Kuggeleijn (Northern Districts, game one only)
Logan van Beek (Wellington Firebirds)
Theo van Woerkom (Canterbury)

I know nothing of Theo. Basically with Astle and Santner injured, Sommerville and Patel in the UAE - NZC has run out of spinners not retired from internationals ;-).

Very little batting in the NZA team - but good chances for Young and Ravindra to progress their careers. There are a lot of seam bowlers in this squad

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-ne...aves-the-way-for-test-aspirants-in-new-zeland
Bn

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll be trying to get over to Bay Oval this weekend, pretty good opportunity to see some top-class cricketers in action.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
BCCI has pulled Rohit Sharma out of the first four dayer. Still it's a pretty strong squad. No games in Wellington or close by. Maybe I'll make a trip down to Napier to see one of the one dayers.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Not only first 4 dayers, Rohit was told to joins Indian team in Australia so he is out of NZ tour.Medical team failed him in yoyo test.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Something cooking between Rohit and virat about resting fast bowlers for 20 days before WC in England (virat wants fast bowler rested).Rohit and some other BCCI members support Rohit so argument took place between virart and Rohit.

Rohit is also right because in case top team enters in IPL play off, fast bowler has to do important part.

BCCI now planning to starts IPL 12 around March 23rd.England and aus also wants to pull out their players after may 1st from IPL.

Rift with Kohli not good for Rohit either if he wants to play in Indian test team in Australia,
( Kohli dropped Pujara from Indian team during last tour,)

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sillycowcorner 1

World Cup in England will be starts on May 30th 2019
So you're insinuating that due to the lovely June weather in England, that the IPL is good to go before that time.

Why play T20 games in preparation for 50 over cricket?

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
IPL never cancelled or shift to southafrica AGAIN.
BCCI wants more richer with every IPL season.

India has 52 international venue, with every new venue we earned 55 Lakh per limited overs games so you can imagine why IPL never cancelled in india.

Immenso

I follow the first day or 2 of these games in trepidation, sometimes discovering by the second innings that NZ have managed to turn it into a mickey-mouse 12 a-side game. I then feel betrayed that I've wasted a day keeping tabs with that ****.

Scoredboard still shows NEW ZEALAND A with a rugby team sized line-up.
HD Rutherford, WA Young (c), GD Phillips, TL Seifert, R Ravindra, D Cleaver (wk), DAJ Bracewell, KA Jamieson, SHA Rance, TF van Woerkom, BM Tickner, LV van Beek, Logan van Beek, SC Kuggeleijn, GH Worker

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I follow the first day or 2 of these games in trepidation, sometimes discovering by the second innings that NZ have managed to turn it into a mickey-mouse 12 a-side game. I then feel betrayed that I've wasted a day keeping tabs with that ****.

Scoredboard still shows NEW ZEALAND A with a rugby team sized line-up.
HD Rutherford, WA Young (c), GD Phillips, TL Seifert, R Ravindra, D Cleaver (wk), DAJ Bracewell, KA Jamieson, SHA Rance, TF van Woerkom, BM Tickner, LV van Beek, Logan van Beek, SC Kuggeleijn, GH Worker
Yeah, I'd be really hacked off if this turns out to be a glorified open-net. This is a proper Indian A side and a great opportunity for our 2nd tier players to be exposed to a near-international standard of cricket.

Also, why are NZA playing Will Young as an opener? This strikes me as some Bracewell-esque mashing of square pegs into round holes.

Last edited:

nzfan

Cricinfo shows the following is the NZ team:

WA Young (c)
GD Phillips
TL Seifert
R Ravindra
D Cleaver †
DAJ Bracewell
KA Jamieson
SHA Rance
HD Rutherford
BM Tickner
TF van Woerkom

I don't think Rahul Dravid will have allowed for 15 a side game. India needs proper test match practice I believe. Playing 4 fast bowlers and 2 spinners. Good balance.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it is a really good India A side. Annoyingly, there don't appear to be any video highlights. Tickner very tidy so far - with his height maybe he'll make a good third seamer eventually. Bad FC record to date though.

Wonder if cricinfo are just guessing the ordering of that XI - it does look very strange, even with one opener injured at the eleventh hour.

nzfan

Yeah it is a really good India A side. Annoyingly, there don't appear to be any video highlights. Tickner very tidy so far - with his height maybe he'll make a good third seamer eventually. Bad FC record to date though.

Wonder if cricinfo are just guessing the ordering of that XI - it does look very strange, even with one opener injured at the eleventh hour.
Probably I see there are 3 keepers in the side :-) Sucks there is no video.