• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* ICC World Cricket League Division Three 2018

Golden Horde

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
At the very least they should hire you to run their twitter page :happy: That's one area they are severely lacking

Kenya have managed to break their (I make it 9 matches) losing streak in the WCL by defeating Uganda, who have their own problems now Uganda's Irfan Afridi found to have illegal bowling action - ESPNcricinfo

Singapore wont mind that result at all, although realistically I think the only question is which one of Oman and the US will finish top

cnerd123

likes this
USA have looked surprisingly good, and honestly I did not expect Singapore to win a single game here. I suppose I should have seen them beating Denmark though. I expect them to lose handily to Uganda, Oman and USA tbh. I do hope they beat Kenya. That win over Uganda was big for Kenya, they really needed that. I'd be happy, but out of principle I don't support teams that have mismanaged or corrupt boards (see: Zimbabwe), and as such I hope Singapore spring another upset on Friday.

USA and Oman look to be the teams to beat. They face each other on Friday too - that should be a great game.

Also hope Denmark get atleast one win out of this series - they play Kenya on Sunday

So yea, basically what I'm saying is **** jimmy101

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Well I'm just flabbergasted. There's actually an associate team out there that ***** doesn't support!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
USA have looked surprisingly good, and honestly I did not expect Singapore to win a single game here. I suppose I should have seen them beating Denmark though. I expect them to lose handily to Uganda, Oman and USA tbh. I do hope they beat Kenya. That win over Uganda was big for Kenya, they really needed that. I'd be happy, but out of principle I don't support teams that have mismanaged or corrupt boards (see: Zimbabwe), and as such I hope Singapore spring another upset on Friday.

USA and Oman look to be the teams to beat. They face each other on Friday too - that should be a great game.

Also hope Denmark get atleast one win out of this series - they play Kenya on Sunday

So yea, basically what I'm saying is **** jimmy101
You support India and Bangladesh though?

Also HK who have been fielding a clearly overage player in the age group tournaments.

cnerd123

likes this
You support India and Bangladesh though?

Also HK who have been fielding a clearly overage player in the age group tournaments.
India and Bangladesh are actually pretty well run in terms of Global Cricket Boards. Every organisation has a degree of corruption and opacity to it, but atleast BCCI and BCB actually run their local tournaments more or less as scheduled and pay their players in a timely manner. The ZCB and Kenya Cricket have failed to do even that much. It's the most fundamental responsibility of a national cricket board to keep the sport alive within the country - the success of the national team is secondary.

As for HK, all you've got is baseless allegations with no evidence whatsoever. You're simply jealous of our youth cricket infrastructure.

cnerd123

likes this
Around 600 people watching the Cricket USA live stream!

It's pretty high quality and good graphics too. No audio or commentary tho. The Live Chat is busy - Tim Cutler taking it to the trolls as usual.

Daemon

Looks like we're heading to <180 all out against Uganda. Going to be tough to defend.

Daemon

At 87-5 Denmark would've been so pumped. Too bad this partnership has basically taken the game away from them.

Golden Horde

Yes they had the upper hand against Oman too but failed to capitalize. The stream was very watchable and towards the end they had a guy moving the camera instead of keeping it fixed, and there were some 1200 people watching it

The biggest match of the tournament is tomorrow, with the winner going through to WCL 2. Singapore can still qualify if they win both their matches (or simply with a massive win tomorrow and then hoping Oman lose both matches), while Kenya can do so with a fair bit luck in terms of results going their way. Denmark and Uganda are out but I hope the Danes will win against Kenya because they havent played too badly

Daemon

I think our best and most realistic chance is if the following happens

Oman lose to US
Oman lose to Uganda
SG beat Kenya
SG lose to US by a smallish margin

Number 2 is unlikely to happen though.

Golden Horde

I think our best and most realistic chance is if the following happens

Oman lose to US
Oman lose to Uganda
SG beat Kenya
SG lose to US by a smallish margin

Number 2 is unlikely to happen though.
I think their best and most realistic chance is -

Oman beat US (I'd say Oman are favs at least at home) and go through
SG beat Kenya (should happen)
SG beat US and go through

Given that SG have a better NRR than Oman they shouldnt lose hope even if the US defeat Oman tomorrow. Of course, beating the US will be a tall order but given that you cant realistically think of qualifying from a tournament without being able to defeat at least one of the best two teams, I'd say they are in a fairly good position right now

cnerd123

likes this
Singapore got rekt. Maybe it's good conditions for batting and they can chase this.

Good recovery by USA but Oman should chase this down.