• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of Bangladesh 2018

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
the windies seem to grow ho hum openers who cling on to test careers for decades on the trees there.
It's a curse. There are no options in domestic cricket who are remotely close to breaking the door down either. They're either too young (Carty) or have similar problems to Powell in that they get themselves out after a start all the time (Campbell).

Beamer

Rather an Ambris than a Powell
I actually have quite a lot of hope for Ambris as a batsman. He does need a run. What does infuriate me though is that his strongest format is List A, where he is really dominant in both domestic and A team cricket. So they don't play him in any ODI's and push him for Tests instead.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Am I the only one who still think Blackwood could have a decent test career if he didn't bat so recklessly.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's a curse. There are no options in domestic cricket who are remotely close to breaking the door down either. They're either too young (Carty) or have similar problems to Powell in that they get themselves out after a start all the time (Campbell).
Haha yeah Campbell's stats are a complete meme at the moment. Whenever I've gone and had a look at the domestic stats for top three batsmen in the region, the exercise has always simply left me feeling much less surprised that Devon Smith keeps getting recalled years after everyone had assumed his career was over. If he keeps playing it could keep happening into his forties.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Shakib,( c)Sarkar returns in BD test side for tomorrow's test I wish 23 year old Left hand opener Shadman Islam debut tomorrow as Litton Das dropped.: 47 runs in 6 test innings he not deserved to open

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must say I'm quite looking forward to this series as long as the youtube river works. It'll be interesting to see what combo the West Indies go with, Holder being out upsets the team balance with respect to pace vs spin I feel (unless they go with six batsmen again) but Roach being back should add a bit of verve to the attack that was missing in India. As usual though WI's batting will be their biggest factor. Good to see Shakib back too. I wonder if Tamim will be back in time for the second test?

Beamer

Am I the only one who still think Blackwood could have a decent test career if he didn't bat so recklessly.
I agree with you. He has all the shots and smacks the ball. He also played some excellent counter punching innings. He needs to learn how to consistently build an innings.

I wouldn't mind him opening tbh, I don't see what we have to lose compared to Powell.

Beamer

Haha yeah Campbell's stats are a complete meme at the moment. Whenever I've gone and had a look at the domestic stats for top three batsmen in the region, the exercise has always simply left me feeling much less surprised that Devon Smith keeps getting recalled years after everyone had assumed his career was over. If he keeps playing it could keep happening into his forties.
Yep it isn't completely mad that Devon came back given those circumstances.

If you watch Campbell bat, even at A level, he looks the business. But he consistently gets himself out playing reverse sweeps and such like after a start. It's infuriating