• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of Bangladesh 2018

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
22 - 26,Nov
1st Test
Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
9:00 AM IST

30 Nov -04 Dec
2nd Test
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
9:00 AM IST

09,Dec
1st ODI
1:30 PM IST

11,Dec
2nd ODI

14,Dec
3rd ODI
Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet

17,Dec
1st T20I
Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet
5:30 PM IST

20,Dec
2nd T20I

22,Dec
3rd T20I

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh so they are scared of playing another test at Syhlet?

Afraid that Windies might knock them over as was the case in the Caribbean a few months ago...

That venue is so 'foreign' to them.:laugh:

Slifer

International Captain
Either a Bangladeshi win 1-0 or drawn series imo. Bangladesh have been pretty tough to beat at home,(results vs zim notwithstanding ) vs teams much stronger than the current wi side.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Bangladesh weak without Tamim and Shakib, they should removes Mominul from the team, why Mushy Rahim sends so lower down ? He should bats at 4.

Standard of their Domestic cricket not good so they need to improve
One steps at a time.Its better to call sarkar and Allrounder Saiffudin for next 3 tests

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Looking forward to seeing what the great minds of Windies cricket come up with for this test series. Recently they have had a habit of selecting the same squad over and over regardless of what happens.

Now really they should be looking at replacing Bishoo and Powell. But let's see.

My first test xi:

Brathwaite
? Someone not named Powell
Hope
Hetmeyer
Chase
Ambris
Dowrich
Holder
Spinner (Cornwall FFS!!!)
Roach
Gabriel

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No chance that Courtney Brown will select him without any FC cricket in the last 2 years. I would be astonished if they did that.

Tbh I'm predicting an unchanged squad.
No way Bravo would be worse than Powell as opener at least

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No way Bravo would be worse than Powell as opener at least
Yeah but that's not how selection works there. They have very strict rules about players having to have played the corresponding domestic competition in the right format the season prior unless they only missed it due to international duty. They recently relaxed this a bit for T20Is, but I think the way they've written their rules, Bravo isn't even eligible for the Test side yet.

Beamer

The tour match starts on Sunday and still no squad announcement. The players have probably already arrived in Bangladesh. We also have no clue who our new coach is going to be.

I swear no other cricket board treats it's fans with such utter contempt.

Beamer

Yeah but that's not how selection works there. They have very strict rules about players having to have played the corresponding domestic competition in the right format the season prior unless they only missed it due to international duty. They recently relaxed this a bit for T20Is, but I think the way they've written their rules, Bravo isn't even eligible for the Test side yet.
This is very true though they seem to relax the rules inconsistently. But Bravo has no chance of being given a shortcut, the President of Cricket Windies will see to that.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Would have really loved this to be a three Test series.

Nonetheless, curious to see how this one pans out, especially after what happened between the two sides in WI earlier this year.

Beamer

Jason Holder is missing the tour with a shoulder injury and bveing replaced by Raymon Reifer. Rumours that the squad is otherwise unchanged but the squad still hasn't officially been announced. These selectors really are something else.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Top allrounder ? Holder not that good he licks too many runs most time

The two Test series will be followed by three ODIs and as many T20Is in December to be played in Dhaka and Sylhet.

Test squad: Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Sunil Ambris, Devendra Bishoo, Roston Chase, Shane Dowrich, Shannon Gabriel, Jahmar Hamilton, Shimron Hetmyer, Shai Hope, Shermon Lewis, Keemo Paul, Kieran Powell, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Jomel Warrican

So Raymond reifer replaced in place of holder.

Beamer

Top allrounder ? Holder not that good he licks too many runs most time

The two Test series will be followed by three ODIs and as many T20Is in December to be played in Dhaka and Sylhet.

Test squad: Kraigg Brathwaite (capt), Sunil Ambris, Devendra Bishoo, Roston Chase, Shane Dowrich, Shannon Gabriel, Jahmar Hamilton, Shimron Hetmyer, Shai Hope, Shermon Lewis, Keemo Paul, Kieran Powell, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach, Jomel Warrican

So Raymond reifer replaced in place of holder.
Awful, dispiriting squad. These selectors are truly lazy and seem to ignore what happens on the field. This squad has no back up-openers and 4 wicket keepers in Dowrich, Hope, Ambris and Hamilton. It's just unbelievable.

Can't agree with you on Holder, he has been the World's leading seamer this year statistically and is a solid batsman also. He will be missed. Braithwaite is also a terribly defensive captain. This might be a very depressing tour.