• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of Bangladesh 2018

cnerd123

likes this
Soumya Sarkar should not be opening in Test cricket.

Did not expect Naeem Hasan to be playing.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Soumya Sarkar should not be opening in Test cricket.

Did not expect Naeem Hasan to be playing.
Man it's a shame the "Fizz is a spinner" meme has died or we could all have a laugh at how Bangladesh picked five frontline spinners and no seamers for this game.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1: how does a left arm spinner bowl a no-ball like that?
2: HTF does the standing umpire miss it? They should seriously just admit that they don't bother.

cnerd123

likes this
They actually don't bother with front foot noballs to my knowledge. I hear the ICC has asked umpires in televised games to focus on stuff like catches and LBWs first. If that means they cannot eye the crease as the bowler runs in, so be it. All wickets can be checked for the no ball, and at this level it's not the umpire's job to help bowlers figure out where the line is. So that's why front foot noball calling is kinda patchy at this level.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
They actually don't bother with front foot noballs to my knowledge. I hear the ICC has asked umpires in televised games to focus on stuff like catches and LBWs first. If that means they cannot eye the crease as the bowler runs in, so be it. All wickets can be checked for the no ball, and at this level it's not the umpire's job to help bowlers figure out where the line is. So that's why front foot noball calling is kinda patchy at this level.
But the Aussies keep shifting it....

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I woke up this morning sat down started watching, and it took until I finished my coffee to figure out it WI against Bang not Zim.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The West Indies get a review right. It'll be interesting to see if they can pull it back and keep Bang under 300.