• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2018

the big bambino

International Captain
Why would you do that? He's a clean cut man who doesn't break the rules so has no reason to be suspended.
I said imagine. I wish to make it clear I never accused them of altering the ball with mints or dirt in the pocket. And if they did I would not expect them to be rewarded with OBEs or be retained as captain. I mean what sort of ****** country would do that?

Imagine.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Watching the highlights, it's interesting to see Ross Taylor clearly taking some of Martin Crowe's old advice, and basically only playing horizontal bat shots when confronted with spin he can't read. Sweeps, pulls and cuts. Not sure if he'll last long playing that way, but given how god-awful he looked when trying to play a forward defensive, it's probably the best option.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Still only 2 down when I woke up was certainly a surprise. That really was a great ball to get Williamson. In retrospect Williamson might have wished he'd played back, but the margin for judgement of length was very fine and the ball dipped noticeably.

Mildly pleased to see Taylor with some sort of success, and that Latham has negotiated the first twenty or so runs of the Latho-zone without giving it away. To matter though, NZ need to bat for close to four more sessions and this pair will need to contribute about two of them, with Taylor (necessarily) playing risky cricket and Latham not losing focus.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Still only 2 down when I woke up was certainly a surprise. That really was a great ball to get Williamson. In retrospect Williamson might have wished he'd played back, but the margin for judgement of length was very fine and the ball dipped noticeably.

Mildly pleased to see Taylor with some sort of success, and that Latham has negotiated the first twenty or so runs of the Latho-zone without giving it away. To matter though, NZ need to bat for close to four more sessions and this pair will need to contribute about two of them, with Taylor (necessarily) playing risky cricket and Latham not losing focus.
I reckon they'd need to contribute at least 3 given the inability of the lower order to stick around. Even Nicholls and Watling only managed to last about a session before everything went kersplat on day 3 of the first test

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Watling looked to be handling everything fine before his unfortunate departure though ... really the next four batsmen are all that’s between Pakistan and a win, CDG down won’t last ten overs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon they'd need to contribute at least 3 given the inability of the lower order to stick around. Even Nicholls and Watling only managed to last about a session before everything went kersplat on day 3 of the first test
Heh, well there's already a lot of wishful thinking in Taylor + Latham lasting two more sessions, so we might as well use some more for Nicholls and Watling to repeat what they did first test and bat another session.

And then the tail to bat one more after that :ph34r:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Taylor's dismissal is like the first lesson in how not to play any given ball properly. Good christ.