• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2018

Flem274*

123/5
couldn't help noticing the difference between the coaches. arthur was pacing around and showing fear when it got tight. stead just kept smiling like he was just a fan enjoying the game.

arthur bottled it, and i can't help but wonder if it seeped into his team

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was the semifinal you filthy casual.

However, it was an odi so does that make me the casual?

Edit: oh **** 2011 not 2015. Double fail.
The 2015 game was nothing like the 2011 one anyway. That was a genuinely tough contest where New Zealand came out barely on top rather than a choke from the Saffers.

OverratedSanity

couldn't help noticing the difference between the coaches. arthur was pacing around and showing fear when it got tight. stead just kept smiling like he was just a fan enjoying the game.

SMH the south African always gets accused of choking even when it's another team doing the choking.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I'm gonna ignore Mark Craig and hark back to that time Paul Wiseman randomly took a whole lot of wickets, though I don't think we won that match in the end.

Mathew Hart?
Wiseman did bowl us to a win in SL. Hart against South Africa - good recollection. There's also this instance of John Bracewell bowling NZ to a big win in Bombay in 1988 which my dad's generation are livid about to this day.

slippy888

International Captain

You forget his antics kicking the floor when Azhar got out also

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair to Mickey, by the looks of that batting Pakistan have been eating their own homework.

No dogs involved, a man should be angry.

vcs

That's not too surprising from what I've seen of Arthur's body language in the dugout. No wonder the tailenders panicked.

SeamUp

International Coach
Mickey will be trying everything to end the Pakistan cricket culture of brain-fart collapses.

Showing his disappointment is probably a purposeful way to show that standards need to be higher.

It was fascinating viewing on Sky Cricket last English summer talking about the challenges being Pakistan cricket coach.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It’s great how cricket has these moments in games, that often can occur for a particular team maybe only once or twice in a decade. Where there is an entire hour of play where every single piece of action matters so much.

No other sport can replicate it, you get your gun finishes in other sport but only in cricket can a passage of play be so tense for so long.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Never been happier to begin a drought.

Daily reminder Athlai would have been the ruin of this test for NZ if it wasn't for those brave men.
maybe somewhere out there there's a Pakistani Athlai that posted how Pakistan had the game in the bag with 22 to get.