• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2018

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've been much more competitive than Australia, but I feel like the series result is going to be the same. Pakistan are just too good at the moment.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good from Munro and Anderson. Not good from Phillips & De Grandhomme, while Milne and Sodhi were taken for runs at important times. Not ideal to give Munro the third to last over either, though his bowling didn't work out too bad.

Good highlights package from Pakistan Cricket (apart from numerous ads).

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'm not so sure why Munro was bowling ahead of Corey or Colin. Ajaz could have been bowled a bit more too I thought. Still Pakistan were on to it fairly easy. They took a bit too deep than they needed to. I think to beat Pakistan we need lot more runs on board, preferably over 170. Dubai pitch may offer lot more runs than Abu Dhabi.

Moss

It's true that Pakistan are playing excellent T20 cricket and are probably too good at home (their batting hasn't even hit top gear yet you feel). Do think NZ however are struggling to crack overs 6-15 while batting, whatever the conditions may be. So so many dot balls.

Having said that I do agree with the comments that the batting combination and order is probably the best possible .

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Pakistan weak team in Chasing even 150 but I think Momentum very important in t20i format,NZ were okayed in 1st power play but not hit 4 in next 35 balls cost them series.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Thank you very much for CNN sort presentation
I never watch second innings live ' Cause way to late here in Bombay ( Mumbai)

The Hutt Rec

I just can't get excited about this 20-20 series at all ... could barely even bring myself to watch the highlights. Good to see Anderson get some runs though. Bring on the tests!

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Not sure why Phillips hasn't been able to make the jump from franchise T20 to T20Is, some kind of mental block perhaps?

Milne has looked promising but I'd like to see Ferguson get a go in the 3rd game. A lot of hate on CdG at the moment, yeah he had a bad game but still 4-0-21-0 is pretty decent on that kind of pitch.

Maybe KW to open with Munro and Chapman in as well, although I would like to see NZ stick with Phillips.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Sodhi has been handled pretty easily, while Ajaz got smashed in the 2nd T20 and Astle doesn't seem to have done much in the recent NZ A game. Worrying signs. I hope KDub has been bowling inthe nets