• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2018

Burner

International Regular
ok this is weird I went to check it out and all I saw was reasonable opinions giving credit to NZ. A little bit of whingeing about the performance and the captaincy and the batsmen but that's to be expected
That's because you have KW as the face of NZ. Can't hate on Bambi.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ok this is weird I went to check it out and all I saw was reasonable opinions giving credit to NZ. A little bit of whingeing about the performance and the captaincy and the batsmen but that's to be expected
PP isn't that bad anymore. The dumb ones mostly post on Facebook.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing win for the Kiwis. Won without their two of their best players of spin (Ross and Latham) making a contribution.

TBH, I think they were a bit fortunate to capitalize on a hilarious patented Pakistan collapse in the first game, but you have to put yourself in the position to be able to take advantage of something like that. Don't think it is possible to bowl better than Yasir Shah and end up on the losing side.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
England 1999 for mine, but a bit biased as I watched practically every ball of that series and remember it in great detail. NZ dominated a fair bit in that series and it was a sort of coming of age for Fleming, Cairns, Nash etc.

If NZ do win this however, it would be something quite special as this Pakistan side *ought* to be outclassing NZ in these conditions. Quite crazy seeing how NZ have been playing catch-up all series and now suddenly doing the frontrunning.
Me too. What a series that was. I actually missed the last session of the oval test and had to catch the highlights where I found Nzl had won much to my surprise as the game was well in the balance until the last day. It was a pretty low scoring series in general and I remember one innings from Horne in particular where he played and missed a lot off Gough n Caddick with the ball hopping around yet just about limped to a very important century. Good times.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'm still fizzing with the win. Just glad our guys dangled a carrot to Pakistan by declaring with 270 lead. If our boys batted on and declared with 300 or over Pakistan would have tried to block it out. It would have made our work a little harder to knock them over. Still I guess Pakistan had no game plan, it wasn't quite evident whether they were trying to draw or win. Some played aggressively and some defensively. Not that I'm complaining but just stating the fact. Makes me wonder if Mickey Arhtur is a good enough communicator? Was it hard for him to say, boys go after it and see how it goes. If you lose two then you are shutting shop. Our guys realized lot of runs in the first 10 overs of the 5th day. We were clear from the start of setting a target that could be achiveable by Pakistan so that they think of going after it. Picture perfect plan that from our management.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I want to say fair play to Pakistan. They played a tough series and I feel for guys like Azhar, Yasir and Babar who all had very good series (Azam's breakout as a test batsmen, last innings dismissal notwithstanding). They really were let down by incredible bating collapses, moreso than us. Could've easily been 2-1 the other way or even 3-0.

29 wickets in a 3 test series is insane. Yasir is bloody good and I don't know how we kept him so quiet in the 3rd test. Afridi looked a good prospect and I thought Hasan Ali was better than all of our quicks. I think there's a lot of lamenting WRT pakistans performance post Misbah and Younis retiring but there's good building blocks there.

Combined XI:
1. A Shafiq
2. A Ali
3. K Williamson*
4. B Azam
5. H Nicholls
6. H Sohail
7. B Watling+
8. W Somerville
9. A Patel
10. Y Shah
11. H Ali

Oddly enough the NZ openers outperformed their Pakistani counterparts but didn't feel right having them in so it's basically the 7 best batsmen and 4 best bowlers.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
I want to say fair play to Pakistan. They played a tough series and I feel for guys like Azhar, Yasir and Babar who all had very good series (Azam's breakout as a test batsmen, last innings dismissal notwithstanding). They really were let down by incredible bating collapses, moreso than us. Could've easily been 2-1 the other way or even 3-0.

29 wickets in a 3 test series is insane. Yasir is bloody good and I don't know how we kept him so quiet in the 3rd test. Afridi looked a good prospect and I thought Hasan Ali was better than all of our quicks. I think there's a lot of lamenting WRT pakistans performance post Misbah and Younis retiring but there's good building blocks there.

Combined XI:
1. A Shafiq
2. A Ali
3. K Williamson*
4. B Azam
5. H Nicholls
6. H Sohail
7. B Watling+
8. W Somerville
9. A Patel
10. Y Shah
11. H Ali

Oddly enough the NZ openers outperformed their Pakistani counterparts but didn't feel right having them in so it's basically the 7 best batsmen and 4 best bowlers.
Yes, it's rare for us to get out-collapsed.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Usually I’d be annoyed that NZ won the series but didn’t get player of the series ... but there was no doubt whatsoever that Yasir deserved that.