• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2018

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like how they've put in a picture of Harris with his arm perfectly straight

Hopefully Williamson sends down some filth in the next game to make a point.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I like how they've put in a picture of Harris with his arm perfectly straight

Hopefully Williamson sends down some filth in the next game to make a point.
Disappointed that the article didn't bring up the time when Jeets was called for chucking when he tried to add a doosra to his game.

TheJediBrah

Sarfraz calling Ross "disgraceful". The only disgrace is that Hafeez is still being allowed to bowl.

It's a joke that you can keep getting "cleared" and coming back to bowl again over and over. If a murderer murders someone on parole they don't keep getting chances to go out and murder people. Give chuckers one chance to "rehabilitate" their actions and monitor them closely. If they break parole (ie. chuck), they are gone for life.

Mike5181

International Captain
I don't like what Ross did at all, tbh. Leave that sort of stuff to the umpires, or at least have a quiet word about it through the proper channels after the game.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You have to pause it frame by frame, but you can see 1 of the 16 degrees in this shot right here.

Zinzan

How good is Latham at playing spin in the middle overs, even on tracks which favour them?

So damn impressive since his move to 5. In fact the Latham/Taylor partnership seems to have surpassed the KW/Taylor partnership in the last 12 months.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
You have to pause it frame by frame, but you can see 1 of the 16 degrees in this shot right here.
What is the ICC doing? Why can't they equip match referees with protractors and ask them to sit in front of the TV screen to monitor chucking in real time?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
How good is Latham at playing spin in the middle overs, even on tracks which favour them?

So damn impressive since his move to 5. In fact the Latham/Taylor partnership seems to have surpassed the KW/Taylor partnership in the last 12 months.
Weird for NZ but almost wish the next World Cup was in the subcontinent rather than England - we have quite a number of players that, relatively speaking, excel on slightly tricky turning or sticky wickets.

TheJediBrah

England roads will suit Guptill though. I'd almost even pick Ronchi as horses for courses. Too bad McCullum retired he'd have excelled too

Zinzan

Weird for NZ but almost wish the next World Cup was in the subcontinent rather than England - we have quite a number of players that, relatively speaking, excel on slightly tricky turning or sticky wickets.
I agree we're more suited in the SC atm, especially once Santa Claus comes back.

Although it's not like we don't have some fairly handy fast bowling resources in Boult, Milne, Henry. Southee & Ferguson.

Speaking of Santner, I swear I saw him sitting with the NZ squad when we were batting, but it could have been an early morning blur.

Anyone know how far he's away after the knee surgery?

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
England roads will suit Guptill though. I'd almost even pick Ronchi as horses for courses. Too bad McCullum retired he'd have excelled too
Guptill yes, though the top order isn't the problem. Other teams have this thing where they keep scoring runs after the 35 over mark and/or 4th wicket goes down - I don't know how they do it but we need to find their secret technology.

Ronchi :sick:

I agree we're more suited in the SC atm, especially once Santa Claus comes back.

Although it's not like we don't have some fairly handy fast bowling resources in Boult, Milne, Henry. Southee & Ferguson.

Speaking of Santner, I swear I saw him sitting with the NZ squad when we were batting, but it could have been an early morning blur.

Anyone know how far he's away after the knee surgery?
Yeah I saw Santner sitting there. Wonder if he's bowling in the nets yet.

Zinzan

Yeah I saw Santner sitting there. Wonder if he's bowling in the nets yet.
Ah great, it wasn't a delusion then, he can't be far away. I read an article a couple of months ago that he'd been concentrating on batting only, remembering of course he hit some excellent ODI form with the bat last summer. As you said, we need a bit more steel in our middle//lower order.

Last edited:

_Ed_

I don't like what Ross did at all, tbh. Leave that sort of stuff to the umpires, or at least have a quiet word about it through the proper channels after the game.
I share his concerns about Hafeez's action, but yeah, I agree. Pretty out of character - don't know why he did it.