• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latest Review into Australian Cricket

the big bambino

International Captain
Well basically that's right. The whole thing is just a diversion. I mean ffs hand the players a copy of the game's laws and explain "here are the rules and here are the penalties if you break them." There's your "review".

However there are real consequences even for BS. If CA commissions a report that blames the culture for the behaviour then those who implemented the culture should be punished. The not unreasonable question being put to CA admin today is if you knew of and encouraged the behaviour that led to the ball tampering then why don't you resign? Simple question really and I can't think of an answer that would allow them to keep their jobs.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let’s face it, just about the only way that changes are made at CA is if the broadcasters and/or major sponsors demand it

The baying mob got Smith, etc their bans but don’t care enough about the Peevers of this world to do the same

the big bambino

International Captain
People are arcing up though. A few articles appearing to overturn the bans. I think that at least can be achieved. So I'm retaining a small hope that will happen. Trouble for CA is they are implicated in their own report. Already they are having to deal with the public consequences of it.

Gnske

I wonder if they'll be so solid in their position when India are 2-nil up with the casuals baying for blood and the return of the chosen men.

stephen

That sort of horse **** is the type of thing administrators and marketers without a clue of team culture etc dream up. What an absolute crock of ****. It'll be forgotten within a week and never referred back to, unless it's to be pedelled out to the public to remind everyone the Australian cricket team 'has changed'. Flowery BS.

Just play hard and don't be see you next Tuesdays. There's your motto.
Ffs when kiwis are telling you to htfu then you know you're too soft and need to htfu.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ffs when kiwis are telling you to htfu then you know you're too soft and need to htfu.
Haha, I never once inferred that Australian cricketers should htfu. They should continue playing hard but find the self-reflection to know what sort of behaviour makes you a **** and what doesn't. Ie giving people send-offs makes you a ****. Accosting opposition players in hallways makes you a ****. Throwing punches at people in bars makes you a ****. Being a hypocrite and storming off a field because someone hurt your feelings makes you a ****.

And that's just one guy, it's not a hard fix outside that. Certainly nothing that requires a 150-page review.

There's your acronym - DBAC. Don't be a ___. Get it tattooed on you, put it on the shirts, whatever. Then we're good.

stephen

Once again I'm in full support of the ACA. It's got to have a far worse impact on Australian cricket having players banned for an entire year than for 3 tests and 8 ODIs (given they wouldn't play in the SA series, even if that bans were lifted). That's already an enormous amount of cricket missed already.

Gnske

But remember when people were mad? That's what really matters, as well as CA trying to look like the moral and ethical standard to be admired.

stephen

Yeah but sport is entertainment. You need the best performers to ensure the sport survives and grows.

the big bambino

International Captain
Well now, pressure to drop the bans increasing. Very pleasing. I think it would have the added benefit of making the CA look foolish and force resignations there. More pressure on them please. Crack them until they go mental.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even if they do lift the bans right now, the damage is done. The players (mostly thinking about Smith here) will never be, or feel, the same again. There will always be a black cloud hanging over them and who knows how that they could affect their performances. It's a situation that other ball-tampering players never faced, eg. Faf, Chandimal, Sachin/Dravid etc.

I doubt every time Chandimal or Tendulkar go/went out to bat people will be thinking "ball tamperer" or "cheater", but that will follow Smith for the rest of his career. Possibly his life. All because of the actions of CA. It's messed up.

stephen

It is messed up. The ACA should start pressuring the state boards to sack Peever. He's really the only one left in the way of the players returning now.

I think that mentally Smith has copped this ban the worst and he had the least to do with the actual events. He needs to get back to making runs.

stephen

And maybe we can put in place a board that's hell bent on getting cricket back on fta while we're at it.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's not forget the public pressure there was in Australia at the time of the bans, even the ****ing PM was calling for blood, I don't think a reduction in the bans would make CA look particularly stupid or incompetent given the dust has now had time to settle

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's not forget the public pressure there was in Australia at the time of the bans, even the ****ing PM was calling for blood
Classic case of the ignorant vocal minority. Worrying how a relatively small group can affect decision making in such a way purely based on the volume of their autistic screeching

the big bambino

International Captain
If true the PM's involvement angers me so much. It would have been Turnbull, as vile a creature as ever leaked, plotted and back stabbed his way to high office. A **** of a man. To think such a creep would use his influence to deprive a player of a fair hearing or a just punishment is so offensive it tests reason and character to placate the feelings of loathing I have for him. Not to mention the needless suffering and financial loss Smith subsequently incurred after Turnbull's involvement.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Ignored the Player's Pact, thinking it was the reimagined and updated for the 21st Century lyrics of "C'mon, Aussie, C'mon"