• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latest Review into Australian Cricket

the big bambino

International Captain
Its almost as if these guys think they're wandering through the badlands untamed by the law. Cricket is a game with rules and laws guys. How about you just remind the players to follow them? Use the law about ball tampering as an instructional example.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently only a small proportion of the players asked for a submission responded (heard they were quite negative about Smith). If there's going to be any pressure for CA to change apparently it's not going to be from the team itself. Have heard suggestions the non-response was somehow a silent protest, if so that's good foot-shooting.

The stuff about taking character into account in selection is such bull****, it's not like Pranger selects on merit anyway. No-one currently in the high positions in CA is fit to judge anyone's character, certainly not the Gnome.

the big bambino

International Captain
Apparently only a small proportion of the players asked for a submission responded (heard they were quite negative about Smith). If there's going to be any pressure for CA to change apparently it's not going to be from the team itself. Have heard suggestions the non-response was somehow a silent protest, if so that's good foot-shooting.

The stuff about taking character into account in selection is such bull****, it's not like Pranger selects on merit anyway. No-one currently in the high positions in CA is fit to judge anyone's character, certainly not the Gnome.
From where are you getting this information?

What were the specific criticisms of Smith?

Starfighter

Robert Craddock had an article somewhere behind the paywall and bits of it in here

just 14 of 48 current Australian cricket players completed the survey. Just three of nine former players submitted their surveys.
The response from the players who did respond was that the bans were appropriate, generally.

Last edited:

Gnske

Robert Craddock had an article somewhere behind the paywall and bits of it in here

Come to think of it, it's very interesting how the 58% response rate was lauded for being above average. I would have thought it would be significantly higher, especially from past international players.

Bolo

State Captain
All the CA performance bonuses were based on getting $1bn+. Channel 10 couldn't offer that much money do they went with the bonuses.
This is basically corruption. Practically no different from accepting a bribe.

This is the worst example I have heard, but this type of problem exists everywhere. While making money is important, it's not a business. Boards everywhere need to seperate the functions of promoting the game and making money. Two different jobs for different people to ensure we don't see this issue.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

This is the worst example I have heard, but this type of problem exists everywhere. While making money is important, it's not a business. Boards everywhere need to seperate the functions of promoting the game and making money. Two different jobs for different people to ensure we don't see this issue.

Its a problem across the world especially with the corporate culture taking over. Last year Warner Brothers released a clearly WIP Justice League just to ensure they got their annual bonuses and now this.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're always reviewing ****.

Has Watson started working over there?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Players’ Pact:

We recognise how lucky we are to play this great game.

We respect the game and its traditions.

We want to make all Australians proud.

Compete with us.

Smile with us.

Fight on with us.

Dream with us.
lmao

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
First of, I love woman. My wife, mum, twin sister etc are all great..

But I just feel like this motto (compete, smile, fight, dream with us) makes more sense for our Ladies cricket team. Even the southern stars has a dream element to the name.

Its just not inspiring in the slightless given the woeful form, sandpaper gate etc of the mens team.

Teuton

International Captain

Along similar lines... Any mention of CAs lack of commitment to the game by not hosting teams that probably won't be profitable?
Bangladesh have greatly improved but we won't even schedule them to play here.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
First of, I love woman. My wife, mum, twin sister etc are all great..

But I just feel like this motto (compete, smile, fight, dream with us) makes more sense for our Ladies cricket team. Even the southern stars has a dream element to the name.

Its just not inspiring in the slightless given the woeful form, sandpaper gate etc of the mens team.
That sort of horse **** is the type of thing administrators and marketers without a clue of team culture etc dream up. What an absolute crock of ****. It'll be forgotten within a week and never referred back to, unless it's to be pedelled out to the public to remind everyone the Australian cricket team 'has changed'. Flowery BS.

Just play hard and don't be see you next Tuesdays. There's your motto.