• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latest Review into Australian Cricket

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Especially that part on recommending players excusing themselves from t20is for domestic cricket which CA have rejected because of 'broadcasting obligations.'

I bet all 20 folks watching the Pakistan t20 series would have suffered if we didn't have the cream of our crop playing.
When have we played our best team in T20I's anyway? It always seems to be the team to make stupid experimental picks (especially bowlers) in. Which is why we're **** at it and never win the World T20 despite generally commanding a good list of IPL contracts.

Yep. And it's turned people off the sport who don't have the financial means to get Foxtel. Alienating the very fans it's supposed to be servicing.
It's not even like they offering vastly more money like Sky did to kill cricket in the UK. Peever seemed to have made up his mind before the offers were even made.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When have we played our best team in T20I's anyway? It always seems to be the team to make stupid experimental picks (especially bowlers) in. Which is why we're **** at it and never win the World T20 despite generally commanding a good list of IPL contracts.
Broadcasting obligations and agreements with other boards mean it can't be an official policy to let Test players play Shield cricket instead, but that doesn't mean it can't be the unofficial reality some of the time. That the report recommended putting in writing what they largely do on the sly already would've rightly frustrated them.

stephen

All the CA performance bonuses were based on getting $1bn+. Channel 10 couldn't offer that much money do they went with the bonuses.

the big bambino

International Captain
No problems with CA issuing directives stating that pitches should last 5 days, which coincidentally is how long tests go for. Funny huh?

social

FMD

Have only read the parts you guys have posted but makes for horrible stuff

CA will spin, ignore & continue on to the detriment of the game here

Peever being granted an extension days before this came out reeks of corruption as do the 12 month notice periods of Sutherland & Howard plus appointment of Roberts

All should be gone today

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
David Peever is the single worst thing to happen to Australian cricket in my lifetime. A greedy self-serving grub to the core.

Starfighter

Peever being granted an extension days before this came out reeks of corruption as do the 12 month notice periods of Sutherland & Howard plus appointment of Roberts
I was filthy when I heard about Peever weaselling in again before the report was released. We can put two and two together despite the denials.

Howe_zat

Audio File
1. Australian cricket establish a three-person ethics commission, which would have no formal powers. Its purpose would be to hold everyone in Australian cricket “accountable to the ethical foundations for the game”
Dear CA,

I have been consistently disapproving of Australian behaviour for several years now and am highly experienced at meting out a thorough disapproval with no formal powers.

Please consider this an application for the newly created role of tutting loudly and pointing out 'that's really not on you know.'

Jacob Howe

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Recommendation 42: The official team song "Under the Southern Cross I Stand" be abolished and replaced with no song.

Spikey

what does the ethics centre even do

they mostly recommended a bunch of stuff that's either dumb and stupid, or impossible to implement, or something that's already in place, sometimes informally because you can't really formally put some of the stuff down. the only interesting thing was the one about publishing the minutes to board meetings

Last edited:

social

Just got an email from CA with a grovelling statement from Peever

Told them to jam it

Spikey

I put down several libellous statements and then said Jacob Howe wrote this email