• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
The better question is: Why didn't Warne and Waugh get suspended by their cricket board for their illegal dealings with the bookie?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That’s actually a great question. No one has ever asked it before. Fantastic stuff, well done you.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you are minded to start a new thread then please do so, and I will consider whether I reply to it later.

cnerd123

likes this
A ****posting thread where some people overlooked the fact that sledger started it and gave serious replies.
It's the serious replies that confused me. Like, how could anyone take a dire post like this seriously:

Yeah, I guess it could be a cultural/societal thing. Some cultures and societies are inherently corrupt, or at least are underpinned by elements of dishonesty. I suppose it's conceivable that some subcontinent countries could fall into this bracket, but I had never really thought about it until now. I suppose it would explain a few things.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Tbh ***** bring confused by simple ideas/material is hardly uncommon. Burge's posting on the matter on the money as usual though.

bagapath

International Captain
...that the majority of people who have been banned from playing international cricket by the ICC (for corruption) are from the subcontinent?

Serious question.

When you add it all up, a total of 14 players from the subcontinent have been banned by the ICC for being corrupt (5 from India, 7 from Pakistan, 2 from Bangladesh, and 1 from Sri Lanka).

That is more than the combined total of all other nations put together (which is 11).

In other words more than 50% of all corruption related bans have gone to the subcontinent, and the majority of these have gone to two nations specifically. This seems disproportionately high.

Is there some reason which explains why people from these countries appear to be partciularly susceptible to being corrupt?
If you add up the population of all the cricket playing nations, the total population of these asian countries alone would account for more than 80%.

From that angle, the non asian countries producing 40% of corrupt cricketers proves that the Asian countries are more honest than the rest of the world.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In India there is a tendency to not see "victimless crimes" as crimes. Breaking traffic rules or taking bribe or evading taxes doesn't exactly kill or hamh anyone. So big deal! That's the attitude that may be responsible for prevalence of fixing in cricket.

On the other hand, India doesn't have anyone near as many psychopathic serial killers or mass shooters as in many other countries. Don't know what explains this part.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They'll loot you (gleefully for the large part), they'll watch you die (listlessly for the large part), but they won't kill you.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If you add up the population of all the cricket playing nations, the total population of these asian countries alone would account for more than 80%.

From that angle, the non asian countries producing 40% of corrupt cricketers proves that the Asian countries are more honest than the rest of the world.
All teams only field 11 players at a time, population numbers are irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.