• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Australia 2018

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lynn appears to be a complete myth. Quality of the BBL must be shocking.
It seems to be a deliberate plan amongst Australian bowlers, because I've seen it in international, the BBL and the one day cup, to bowl length/short-of-a-length around to outside leg stump as the main delivery. I have no idea why, it feeds very well into the strength of a batsman like Lynn who basically baseballs it. It was an amazing contrast when the South Africans used lot of deliveries full on or outside off, and actually bowling good yorkers (straight or wide of off), and using the leg stump line less (for example when Maxwell was fidgeting). I could count the number of yorkers I saw bowled in the one day cup by bowlers who were't Coulter-Nile on one hand, no wonder they're no good at them if they never practice. The tactics around and attitude to death bowling, and limited overs bowling in general, seem to be pretty shocking around Australia at the moment.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
there's not a production company in the world who would have their lead star carry a long face like chris lynn's

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
gnske to be banned before the indian summer due to censor bypassing. tis a shame

Heboric

International Debutant
Isnt this the whole play Australia every year deal no matter the format deal, that was struck up a few years ago

SeamUp

International Coach
Isnt this the whole play Australia every year deal no matter the format deal, that was struck up a few years ago
Didn't know what was happening ? But I suppose with Limited overs and Test tours not combined anymore it makes sense.

Supposedly our next test tour there we back over Xmas for MCG and SCG again which I am surprised but happy about. Sure the Aussie cricket faithful from Melbourne and Sydney are too.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I did not think it was every year? Just a splitting of ODIs and Tests in the relevant years? Whatever still a pointless series.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Supposedly our next test tour there we back over Xmas for MCG and SCG again which I am surprised but happy about. Sure the Aussie cricket faithful from Melbourne and Sydney are too.
Probably make more money than playing in SA over christmas.... sadly.