• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nov 21, Wed
Australia vs India, 1st T20 The Gabba, Brisbane
6:50 PM07:50 AM GMT / 05:50 PM LOCAL

Nov 23, Fri
Australia vs India, 2nd T20 Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
6:50 PM07:50 AM GMT / 06:50 PM LOCAL

Nov 25, Sun
Australia vs India, 3rd T20 Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
6:50 PM07:50 AM GMT / 06:50 PM LOCAL

Dec 06, Thu - Dec 10, Mon
Australia vs India, 1st Test Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
11:00 AM12:00 AM GMT / 10:30 AM LOCAL

Dec 14, Fri - Dec 18, Tue
Australia vs India, 2nd Test Perth Stadium, Perth
1:20 PM02:20 AM GMT / 10:20 AM LOCAL

Dec 26, Wed - Dec 30, Sun
Australia vs India, 3rd Test Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
10:30 AM (Dec 26)11:30 PM GMT (Dec 25) / 10:30 AM LOCAL

Jan 03, Thu - Jan 07, Mon
Australia vs India, 4th Test Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
10:30 AM (Jan 03)11:30 PM GMT (Jan 02) / 10:30 AM LOCAL

Jan 12, Sat
Australia vs India, 1st ODI Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
2:20 PM03:20 AM GMT / 02:20 PM LOCAL

Jan 15, Tue
Australia vs India, 2nd ODI Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
2:20 PM03:20 AM GMT / 01:50 PM LOCAL

Jan 18, Fri
Australia vs India, 3rd ODI Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
2:20 PM03:20 AM GMT / 02:20 PM LOCAL

Last edited:

Starfighter

Thought I may as well get this up as the India squad's been released:

Test Squad said:
Virat Kohli (capt), M Vijay, KL Rahul, Prithvi Shaw, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-capt), Hanuma Vihari, Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Parthiv Patel, R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good squad. Vijay's back which shows his county form counts for something. I like the recall for Sharma as well, even if Nair could feel hard done by. Wouldn't have gone with Parthiv as the backup myself.

OverratedSanity

Shame Pandya's out, although I don't think they've ruled him out for the entire series?

Parthiv is a bit of a head scratcher but the rest of the squad is about what I think it should be.

morgieb

Shame Pandya's out, although I don't think they've ruled him out for the entire series?

Parthiv is a bit of a head scratcher but the rest of the squad is about what I think it should be.
Yeah even sans Saha surely there's better options than Patel.

Crazy that Patel was touring here when Steve Waugh was still in the side and he's in the squad for the current tour.

OverratedSanity

India's pacers have done very well on the last two tours but that's also been because of some very helpful pitches. I'd be very surprised if that continues here.

Starfighter

Three spinners and just five (injury prone) quicks? Interesting.
It's 2018. Easy enough to fly someone out to cover injuries. Three spinners is a bit of a head scratcher, I can imagine they want some variety. Maybe one of Ashwin and Jadeja will bat 7?

morgieb

India's pacers have done very well on the last two tours but that's also been because of some very helpful pitches. I'd be very surprised if that continues here.
I see your point, but this batting is very very weak. Plus I think your bats should handle the conditions fine.

vcs

I think Dhawan could have been useful. His technique won't be exposed as much in Australia as it was in England/SA.

the big bambino

International Captain
Kuldeep not really a head scratcher. Its an 18 man squad so can afford to take a punt on him. He's there to tell Jadeja and Ashwin there are options. He provides a different type of spin to the other two. Not that India will need them. They are touring at a good time when there has been complaints about our pitches. They could be a little more favourable this time around. India's pace attack has improved so much. Bumrah's incisiveness on top of all the incumbents improving. They'll win the series with them. Not sure if they are that injury prone either. Only wish some of our pace men were as resilient.

harsh.ag

Good squad, bar Rohit and Parthiv. Good to see Vijay back. Keen to see Kuldeep get a game.