• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice to see Ashwin bowl well and keep it simple. Hopefully this time he doesn't go insane and start bowling leg spinners 2 feet outside leg.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously I am a complete simpleton (goes without saying) but why doesn’t Handscomb simply take stance in a normal position on the crease?

The other stuff is fixable but he’s compounding the issue by giving the ball more time to move

Just weird

Spark

Global Moderator
In fairness this is not exactly behaving like a typical Adelaide day wicket. I'm not entirely sure what it is tbh.

morgieb

Weird that Head looked our best batsman. Seemed quite assured at the crease which most of our other bats weren't.

That Finch dismissal, yikes. He really is not an opener at this level, at least in places where the ball actually moves.

The pitch seems really uncharacteristic for an Australian one. Not only is there actual movement and seam off it, it's also kinda hard to score significant runs on.

OverratedSanity

In fairness this is not exactly behaving like a typical Adelaide day wicket. I'm not entirely sure what it is tbh.
It's tough to say tbh. There've been loads of awful shots played. Rahul, Rahane, Rohit, Marsh, Handscomb all utterly filthy dismissals. Might be a bit on the slow side, Pujara mentioned it was a bit two paced yesterday in the press conference too.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I was very surprised seeing it spin from day 1. Almost following SA curators with ****wittery who did the same at Centurion & Newlands for us.

It's not like it is the strongest group of Indian seamers too ever. Oh wait.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Isn't it the same pitch where Lyon got 83/2? Or has the pitch deteriorated and will again improve in the 3rd innings?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ashwin-haters like you should suck it. Economy rate of 1.67 and average of 16.67 in the first innings of first test in Australia is Bradmanesque for a finger spinner. Those who were hating on him for one bad spell in England should now drink piss.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
People didn't hate on him just because he bowled poorly, they hated on him because he bowled stupidly.
I don't see that kind of hate when Kohli gets out for 3 attempting a stupid shot. I have news for you - a great sportsman can have a bad day.

Last edited: