• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Spark

Global Moderator
He's lost us a lot of games. He could go full gavaskar in a run chase at this point and kohli would still find a way to spin it as Dhoni trying to take it deep.
i mean if he costs you guys a WC when in my view your overall depth and top-end talent should make you overwhelming favourites then that would seriously tarnish his legacy. i usually am one to think that late career decline doesn't detract from a players overall career even if it hurts their stats, but given the quality of the alternatives, then it definitely pulls him back in consideration compared to blokes like gilchrist, bevan etc

and holy hell, enough siddle please

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh well he can't finish it every single time I guess. No confidence in the rest winning this.
this has never really felt like a vintage chase. in those genuinely scary chases, this match would honestly be over by now. it always felt that they weren't putting enough pressure on the run rate to make it actually safe if kohli got out, and he has hit a few in the air near fielders in the last few overs. just cutting it too fine, i think

Spark

Global Moderator
That has to be one of the ATG ODI innings played by Sach. Was such a vintage throwback innings and the lower order screwed it up with 17 to get. The ODI version of the 1999 Chennai Test match.
iirc he got out in a really tame way, a scoop to short fine or something. was an amazing innings before then though.

if ms does this then this could be one of the biggest collective cw tastings in a while