• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IMO this is as good an opportunity as any for India to win in Australia.

During the 2014 tour of Australia India were able to score 400+ in each first innings. It didn't help them then because they couldn't get through Smith but IMO if they can do that this time around they'll probably win as there's no chance this Australian batting line up* can match that across a series.
This is true, but the problem is that the batting lineup is far worse than it was back then despite the personnel being the same. Apart from kohli, they've been absolutely diabolical in overseas conditions recently.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Results rest on Indian quicks. Shami was impressive last time. I mocked Bhuveneshwar for having the physique of Gandhi and bowling <130 but he's earned my respect. If they bowl well, India could draw at least.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is true, but the problem is that the batting lineup is far worse than it was back then despite the personnel being the same. Apart from kohli, they've been absolutely diabolical in overseas conditions recently.
I know 'overseas conditions' is a term plugged around and I do it myself but in this particular case, it's worth pointing out that the conditions they will face in Australia will be far different from the ones they struggled in England and South Africa. A couple of points worth mentioning

1) In 2014 - India's batting was just as bad in England and they got thrashed but still manage to post 400+ totals consistently in Australia the same year. Indian batsmen can't play swing and seam in England. It was the same in 2014, it's the same now. Should have no bearing on scoring on Aussie roads

2) Yes they failed in South Africa but South Africa's pace attack is a few notches above any other team in world cricket and there are few teams who wouldn't have struggled as well.

That being said, I see India winning a Test match but Australia winning the series.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Is ghambiring an Indian term? Is that how far we’ve fallen.
Isn't Gambhiring a term when you're well on top but you suggest you're not, as to not create any extra pressure upon yourselves? I remember the term (and I could be wrong here) coming out of the 2009 Indian tour to NZ, when India were ahead by **** tonnes in Wellington but Gambhir suggested NZ were still right in the running. About the same time as Jeetan Patel kept getting rolled out by NZ after day 3-4, generally when we were faced with a chase of 450-500+ and our off-spinner - who made a regular sideways shuffle to square leg with any sort of pace over 130km - explained how we were going to win the game and set a world record after being knocked over for 120 on a flat one earlier in the Test.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly it depends on the kind if pitches Australia rolls out.

Adelaide has been very good for swing bowling in the last few years since the redevelopment and the advent of day/ night matches but with a day game it could have little in it for the bowlers.
Favorite: Australia 60/40.

One would think that Australia should be short priced favourites in Perth given the way that the pitch has played in the two matches we've had there. It's been quick and bouncy with a little variable bounce. Such a combination should suit Australia's batting and bowling.
Favourite: Australia 85:15

Sydney tends to be a pretty decent pitch for big turners of the ball, which Indian bowlers don't tend to be. They will be better in the second innings there due to their flatter, faster style. The variable bounce that can happen often brings the quicks into the game too.
Favourite: Australia 55-45

The MCG had usually been a road but with the ICC rating it poor last year there may be some grass on it. Still, it's likely to be good for the batsmen on days 2-5.
Favourite: draw

stephen

If Australia sweep India 4-0 they will move to the top of the test rankings. 3-0 sees India preserve their number 1 spot.

stephen

If New Zealand sweep Pakistan 3-0, and Australia beat India 4-0, New Zealand would move into second place, India's potentially dropping add low as 4 if England sweep Sri Lanka as well.

In any other scenario, India retain the number 1 spot. So for once the rest of the world should support Australia.

Borges

International Regular
Away series wins counting for more would make a tangible difference only if there is a team that wins away.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a reminder that this Indian team's home dominance is comparable to ATG teams, so the fact that they're only as good/**** as everyone else away from home doesn't mean they don't deserve the No. 1 ranking.

stephen

Just a reminder that this Indian team's home dominance is comparable to ATG teams, so the fact that they're only as good/**** as everyone else away from home doesn't mean they don't deserve the No. 1 ranking.
SENA countries are more at a similar level to each other compared to Asian countries right now. And India don't play the best Asian opposition either so a big part of their domination is the lack of talent in countries with similar conditions.