• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Irfans

Xuhaib

International Coach
Going through some Pakistan domestic scores I see there are atleast 5 active Mohammad Irfans playing first class cricket today:laugh:

This got me wondering what is the most common complete name for a first cricketer through the history is there anyway to check this?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I remember at one point a few years ago there was a metric ton of Imran Khans (including one from Trinidad and one from South Africa)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan needs more variety in names of their cricketers. Names of all new players are so unoriginal. Get funky names like Bumrah or Labuschagne.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's at least 3 Mohammad Nawaz's? (though I don't know how many are currently active)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan needs more variety in names of their cricketers. Names of all new players are so unoriginal. Get funky names like Bumrah or Labuschagne.
To be fair we did have an Inzimam. have never met or heard anyone with this name apart from the big bear..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Two people named Ryan Sidebottom from different countries both becoming professional cricketers and having their careers slightly overlap has always amused me.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There are two Joseph Burns on opposite sides of the world. Both are virtually the same age and open the batting.

Too bad the English one's first name is Rory though.