• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe tour of Bangladesh 2018

SeamUp

International Coach
How much longer do they have to wait for Ryan Murray to finish uni in SA. Could really add to this team. They might not have depth Zimbabwe but if they had a better platform they could compete even more than they do.

PS No Blessing is obviously **** too.

Last edited:

Bahseph

State Captain
Fair comments. Raza is a huge addition imo. Balances the team nicely and can be a genuine threat with the ball in dry conditions.

cnerd123

likes this
Great stuff from Zimbabwe but the match is far from over.
I think BD are done and dusted tbh. They're not great at coming back.

They complain a lot about how a lack of FC/Test cricket means they struggle to adapt to the longer formats, but Zimbabwe play hardly any cricket at all and seem to have adapted just fine. It's not that hard to just not poke at balls outside off stump. The batsmen need to start holding themselves more accountable for their mistakes.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
As much as I'm disappointed to see BD in this state at home, couldn't be happier for Zimbabwe. Most of the naysayers are out with their knives every time a team like Zimbabwe crumbles to a crushing loss but this team was very much on their way up until the World Cup Qualifiers. They almost beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka last year (were it not for dubious umpiring) and given how South Africa and Australia were crushed by the same Sri Lanka, that would have been an era defining win for Zimbabwe.

Spirited show this. Hope they take it all the way. Even 1-1 in Bangladesh would be a great result for Zimbabwe

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When you've got two left arm spinners opening the bowling and no-one bowling above 130 km/h it makes a mockery of claims that the game has advanced since before WWI.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I think BD are done and dusted tbh. They're not great at coming back.

They complain a lot about how a lack of FC/Test cricket means they struggle to adapt to the longer formats, but Zimbabwe play hardly any cricket at all and seem to have adapted just fine. It's not that hard to just not poke at balls outside off stump. The batsmen need to start holding themselves more accountable for their mistakes.
You never know, *****! Today is possibly going to be the decisive day in the match IMO. If BD can somehow restrict their fourth innings target to 300 or less they'll be in with a chance.

But yeah, I've been reading on cricinfo that a lot of the Deshi batsmen really threw their wickets away out there yesterday.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Yes my friend BD bats just like ODI MODE,
extremely bad habit,

when I noticed they were 19 for 4, I figured out OH my god what's going on ?

Sylhet new venue for Bangladeshi, Kayes and Rahim must need to do outstanding performance otherwise Zim will go 1/0
In 2 match test series.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When you've got two left arm spinners opening the bowling and no-one bowling above 130 km/h it makes a mockery of claims that the game has advanced since before WWI.
I'm sure the 9th and 10th best Pre WWI teams were of an excellent standard too

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm sure the 9th and 10th best Pre WWI teams were of an excellent standard too
I had to think for a little bit about whether Zimbabwe actually were the 10th best team, and I concluded that they probably are, but it just made me realise how much I want a Zimbabwe v Afghanistan or Zimbabwe v Ireland Test series.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Zimbabwe has potential to beat both Afghanistan and Ireland at Harare if test series take place

Jarvis,Chatara,Raza, Taylor, Masakadza,Chakabava,Moor, Williams really good team after their dispute with ZCB worked wonder

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Zorox
I just witnessed one of greatest catch of 2018 by Kayes which dismissed Taylor, commentary team says BD back in the game

I do not think because lead now 202 yet another 150 odd and Zim will be 1/0 not loose series ' cause next @Dhaka, Last in the series

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
One of the best things about watching these series, is the commentary... no egos, bit of banter otherwise nice pedestrian boring commentary of the game without any of the real irritation you get from the big series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the fact that Williams played so patiently is partly due to him being given more responsibility up the order. He's played the rest of his Tests at #5-8, and between being stuck with the tail and seeing himself as the counterattacking guy he often comes out trying to drive the quicks on the up before getting set and pre-meditate reverse sweeping the spinners, which goes against how he's made most of his domestic First Class runs. Rajput has put more faith in him than we've ever seen before and he's batted properly as a result; he looked a genuine Test player yesterday.
Haha ffs Williams. Please stop doing this in Tests.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Cong Taijul for 10 wickets haul

I think freaking commentary by Daren Ganga

Zim 101/2
131/6

They should declared because Highest successful chase by bangers 217 for 6 vs WI,
191 for 6 vs SL & 101 for 7 vs Zim

Game will be over tomorrow unless Chatara and Jarvis fails to take single wicket.