• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe tour of Bangladesh 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Impressions at first are that 3/110 is a bit below par on this pitch.
Yeah but the plus for Zimbabwe is that they'll have the better time to bat in both innings -- the pitch is just going to get progressively worse -- so the match is still relatively evenly poised at this score.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why no Tamin or Shakib? Wanting to give Zimbabwe a chance? :p
Shakib has a pretty horrible finger injury on his bowling hand that he had surgery on only for it to come out worse. Pretty dire times for his career, quite possibly.

I can't remember what Tamim's injury is but he's been out for a while too. They may not care about this series much but these are leftover injuries from the Asia Cup, for which they had many ****s to give.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah but the plus for Zimbabwe is that they'll have the better time to bat in both innings -- the pitch is just going to get progressively worse -- so the match is still relatively evenly poised at this score.
Not so much at 129/4, though. Need Williams to ton up now.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
New ball due after 14 overs
Bangladesh has to bats last here unless home team scores 400/500 in only innings
Tomorrow and Monday.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Bugger. Williams was looking the goods as per usual. Moor & Chakabva with a big job in front of them right now.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't remember what Tamim's injury is but he's been out for a while too. They may not care about this series much but these are leftover injuries from the Asia Cup, for which they had many ****s to give.
Tamim's injury was hand related or thumb...

Which was why he came out to bat during that heroic partnership with Mushfiqur in Asia cup first match.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Williams 88 yesterday off 170 odd ball, I Doubt he batted that many balls in his any other test innings for Zimbabwe.I rate Chakabava better player, he should bats early, his 65* and 89 odd came in Asian sub-continent while bats at # 5.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Williams 88 yesterday off 170 odd ball, I Doubt he batted that many balls in his any other test innings for Zimbabwe.I rate Chakabava better player, he should bats early, his 65* and 89 odd came in Asian sub-continent while bats at # 5.
Correct, it was the most balls he has ever faced in a Test match. He has only played 17 innings though and twice now he has lasted 100 balls or more. No ducks in 17 innings is pretty good.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer

Hand injury but while bats with Musty he aggravated his injury.

( Indian captain and Coach did same to kumar,in eng,they forced Kumar to play 3rd ODI
While he was injured-results his injury Aggregate worst, Kumar's wife,Nupur nagar wants to sue BCCI, especially they insist to have yoyo test in India )

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the fact that Williams played so patiently is partly due to him being given more responsibility up the order. He's played the rest of his Tests at #5-8, and between being stuck with the tail and seeing himself as the counterattacking guy he often comes out trying to drive the quicks on the up before getting set and pre-meditate reverse sweeping the spinners, which goes against how he's made most of his domestic First Class runs. Rajput has put more faith in him than we've ever seen before and he's batted properly as a result; he looked a genuine Test player yesterday.

Bijed

International Regular
Nothing at all against Bangladesh, but would love to see Zimbabwe keep their foot on Bangladesh's throat and crush them. They've been relatively impressive recently imo and deserve some results to show for it.

cnerd123

likes this
Lmao this BD top order. Too much LO cricket (or trying to break into the LO team, in the case of Mominul)

Zimbabwe are a good side it's just a shame about their board. They're always impressive given the circumstances surrounding their cricket.

Borges

International Regular
C'mon, Zimbabwe!. Send one (or ideally both) of these palookas packing, PDQ; this partnership of 25 is 25 too many.