• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mzansi Super League

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Really not needed. First year of it's existence, has nothing to do with the now debunked T20 Global. It just a small scale local league with an attempt to get a few bigger names.

Nothing to really see here..... unless we get some bookmaking scandals out of it. Hopefully not.

cnerd123

likes this
Hey guys is this the thread for the 2017 Mzansi Super League or the 2018 edition

I can't tell because the thread title is unclear

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Hey guys is this the thread for the 2017 Mzansi Super League or the 2018 edition

I can't tell because the thread title is unclear
It's actually going to be the thread for all Mzansi Super Leagues cause it will probably take ten years to get to 50 pages.

SeamUp

International Coach
Some of the temporary international additions or changes

Paarl Rocks

- Michael Klinger (Australia) replaced Paul Stirling (Unavailable due to previous T10 commitment - direct after Draft)

- David Wiese replaces Cameron Delport while he is at T10 event

Cape Town Blitz

- Muhammad Nawaz (Pakistan) replaces Samuel Badree (West Indies) (ankle injury and LAC received Medical report)

- Hussain Tallat (Pakistan) replaces Asif Ali (Pakistan), only while on duty in T10 event.

Tshwane Spartans

- Rilee Rossouw replaces Sean Williams for first weekend due to the Zimbabwe/Bangladesh Series finishing on the 15th of November 2018 and he needs to travel to Harare for VISA application.

Jozi Stars

No replacements required to date

NMB Giants

Durban Heat

SeamUp

International Coach
Warm-up game last night between CT Blitz and Paarl Rocks

Best I can get for the CT Blitz bowlers - Still 60 to win

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
I can't get over the Paal Rocks name, very unfortunate..... marketing are not us?
What were they thinking :laugh: :unsure:

AB just playing with us here and he will do this whole tournament I bet. 93 off 31 in the warm-up v Jozi Stars tonight. I bet he will be asked loads are you sure you made the right decision to retire.

Duanne Olivier with 3/31 for Jozi Stars. For Tschwane I think Rossouw 36 & Elgar 26 next highest scores and supposedly Eddie Leie particularly 50+ in 3 overs and Harmer were taken to the cleaners.

SeamUp

International Coach
Good to see Ryan Rickelton get a 50 in the chase.

vd Dussen also.

They need 15 off the last over with Pite van Biljon and Dan Christian at the crease with Robbie Frylinck to bowl it.

Down to 6 needed off the last ball and Frylinck held his nerve.

Last edited: