• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The year of Holder

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FB_IMG_1539519711853.jpg

Statistically, Holder has had a dream year as a pacer though Bang/SL away aren't a huge challenge. He now has a fifer in India too however. Something McGrath never achieved. Oh and he's the only guy to take 5 and score 50 in India as an overseas player in the last 35 years. I'd take him over Stokes on current form.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well the West Indies need to take something out of a ten wicket defeat.

Holder has been in fine form. I hope he can keep it up and inspire a West Indies revival.

harsh.ag

Those really are incredible numbers given that he's not primarily the opening bowler.

andmark

International Captain
I really like Holder, especially as a person. His first hundred of course came when England were on the edge of victory against the Windies. For him to save the game by scoring a hundred (bearing in mind he'd never done that before) struck me as being the epitome of leadership.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
View attachment 24350

Statistically, Holder has had a dream year as a pacer though Bang/SL away aren't a huge challenge. He now has a fifer in India too however. Something McGrath never achieved. Oh and he's the only guy to take 5 and score 50 in India as an overseas player. I'd take him over Stokes on current form.

What do you guys think?
Pretty sure that when Botham did the century / 10 wicket match double he must've got at least one 50 and a fifer.

trundler

That was in 1980 anyway. I forgot to mention that I was only talking about the last 35 years haha. Trundler'd up.

Starfighter

I just looked at the crapinfo article where that graphic's from. It somehow decides to make it out as amazing that only two other overseas fast bowlers have taken five-fors in India in the last two years. Whoop-de-doo. You've got to go back eight to find three five-fors by overseas spinners in Australia.

Hundreds aren't fifties.
context is important

trundler

Cricinfo has become accustomed to pulling pointless stats out of its ass to support a point and have everyone nod along

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I think that CW's need to realise when Trundler uses 'only' his 'only' time frames are much reduced.....

I think we can also see how poor Burgey has been feeling for the last 10 years waiting for everybody to get older....