• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2018/19

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I agree, Conway was magnificent.

That drop off him today though in the (4s) highlights, farkkin christ.
Gee Conway just loves to lean over the ball and stroke it through the covers for four. That was a brute from Smith that should've had him caught behind, unlucky.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
No blackcaps this round?

Are they en-route to UAE already? They've got an ODI in 2 weeks time ( 31 Oct ).

Edit. Wait. CdG and Sodhi are playing for ND. Kane, Boult, Watling resting?
Also Wagner, Raval, Latham, Nicholls and Henry playing, while yes the others plus Taylor are resting.

Speaking of Henry, yes he bowled over 20 overs yesterday but that ball this morning to get a wicket was true half rat power stuff.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Colin d with a casual run-a-ball hundred, just in case the selectors had been considering leaving him out for the UAE tests.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well you've jumped the gun now and I'm afraid under internet rules you'll be unable to reuse the joke if Conway ever makes it to international level

looking forward to Danny Morrison "Conway glides that through the gap again like a cellular automaton"
I was reminded of your post about using Game of Life to simulate a fully functional computer! Crazy stuff.

I wonder whether they then used that computer to run a Game of Life simulation.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I was reminded of your post about using Game of Life to simulate a fully functional computer! Crazy stuff.

I wonder whether they then used that computer to run a Game of Life simulation.
I'm sure they did - why do anything else with it, really

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Speaking of Wagner serving as an inspiration for young Saffers, check out Ludick's dismissal of Finn Allen.

Still needs to work on a proper wind up for the fist pump though.

Last edited:

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
Must agree with the sentiments regarding Nathan Smith, all his wickets have looked good, Philander type "just a bit fuller" length. He had me at the Kane dismissal, Kane looked completely done on that one.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Did you not see Azhar Ali in the Aus/Pak test yesterday? I did come here to recommend watching the Nathan Smith run out though, it is a genuine classic.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Just came on to mention it ... is there some worldwide battle for most ridiculous run out on at the moment that we don’t know about? :laugh:

nzfan

Leopard looking a lot more refined in his stroke-play these days.
Yeah me too... his technique looking less complicated and seems to be hitting the ball as good as he used to. He'll definitely go well this season with the bat, haven't seen him bowl much though.

nzfan

Nathan Smith's run out is the best piece of cricket comedy I have seen for a long time ....
Both batsmen slipping, welcome to Wellington folks. Early morning dew, you need 5 inch spikes to be standing :-)

nzfan

Did you not see Azhar Ali in the Aus/Pak test yesterday? I did come here to recommend watching the Nathan Smith run out though, it is a genuine classic.
Azhar Ali's run out is from out of this world. I don't even know if we can describe in words, it's beyond that.