• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2018/19

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Good first day for a lot of young ones, Nathan Smith, Leopard, Ludick, Lauchie Johns. Jimmy Neesham batting, bowling and doing well at basin. I hear he's scored 3 100s in a row in the practice games. Good to see Raval scoring some much needed runs as well, in time for Pakistan tour.

Howsie

International Captain
I hope Neesham is left to play domestic cricket for the entire season. He needs to dominate with the bat and prove he’s worked on his bowling. He’s a waste of talent with his piss poor attitude but New Zealand need guys like him, especially with Anderson all but becoming a batsman only.

Chewie

People I care about

Woodcock 15 - ehhh
Flynn 21* - battling away
Williamson 1 - ****
Chapman - NZA
Solia - 1 wicket, noice
Blundell - NZA
van Beek 16 runs and conting WAG
Patel hasn't played just yet
Milne - not available till next week
McEwan - 3 wickets and counting WAG
Rae - not picked - uh oh - is he injured?

Wilson 12 -ehh
1. Raval - 46* and two catches
2. Rutherford - 0 & 37* and a catch
3. Phillips - NZA
4. Young - NZA
5. Bruce - NZA
6. Watling - 0 and a catch
7. McConchie - 4-4-0-0
8. Bracewell - 0
9. McPeake - 4 and 7-4-9-0
10. Bennett - 0 and 5-1-22-1
11. Lister - 14-3-43-1

Yea not the best first day for me

Flem274*

123/5
yessss leopard boi

ross leading the charge today

green decks, green decks everywhere today. why would ND in particular be that thick? you just let a promising 20 year old, mark craig and some others be the equal of your test bowling line up and shred your test middle order.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ummm...is it just me or does it look like Boult is limping? Looks like something with his hamstring.

EDIT: False alarm, he seemed to be running pretty comfortably on that last 4.
I wondered exactiy the same, looked at the second innings card and he had bowled.

Trent Boult is one of the greatest idiosyncratic cricketers of our time. World class bowler, incredibly good fielder, 4 handicap golfer, gun on the guitar...just a coordinated beast. But bats like a baby giraffe on ice. Yet even in that regard scores runs and was once batsman of the tournament in a national senior club one day competition.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
yessss leopard boi

ross leading the charge today

green decks, green decks everywhere today. why would ND in particular be that thick? you just let a promising 20 year old, mark craig and some others be the equal of your test bowling line up and shred your test middle order.
Weather has been mint in the BoP, no reason for it - apart from as Kippax says to prolong the life of the square.

A genuine chance to reverse the batting order yesterday I reckon

The Hutt Rec

I wondered exactiy the same, looked at the second innings card and he had bowled.

Trent Boult is one of the greatest idiosyncratic cricketers of our time. World class bowler, incredibly good fielder, 4 handicap golfer, gun on the guitar...just a coordinated beast. But bats like a baby giraffe on ice. Yet even in that regard scores runs and was once batsman of the tournament in a national senior club one day competition.
I’d wonder why he couldn’t learn a technique and utilise that amazing eye to greater effect, but somehow ... it just wouldn’t be right.

nzfan

https://twitter.com/BLACKCAPS/status/1049947195133243392

NZ A took on UAE national team yesterday. From the NZC folks I heard NZ A beat UAE. Corey among runs meanwhile Ravindra opened the bowling and took out poles. About 3 wickets in his first spell for very less runs and then leaked a bit in the death in his last over. Oh it was a twenty20.

Last edited:

nzfan

I hope Neesham is left to play domestic cricket for the entire season. He needs to dominate with the bat and prove he’s worked on his bowling. He’s a waste of talent with his piss poor attitude but New Zealand need guys like him, especially with Anderson all but becoming a batsman only.
Is that piss poor attitude a hearsay or is it for real? There's been nothing publicly mentioned about his attitude ever still cricketing circles say he's a bit of a dick. What's true? If his cricketing skills are good enough and offers plenty does it matter?

nzfan

Wellington weather looking dodgy for the next two days unfortunately, it's going to be a stop start couple of days.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Wellington weather looking dodgy for the next two days unfortunately, it's going to be a stop start couple of days.
Yep, just stepped onto The Terrace for a coffee and felt the first spots of the predicted rain start to fall.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We were given one glorious moment of cricket up and down the country, and then it started to rain again. ****ing October.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased Raval is in the runs after the horror show in England.

Also, Hamish Rutherford with his fast scoring and strength in slashing behind square on the offside seems like someone who should score a lot of domestic runs imo. Unlikely to translate to international level any better than it did last time, but domestic bowlers will feed his offside habit a lot more at a pace he can biff to the fence. Good start to what might be a big season.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno about the attitude thing (I don't really care if he has a twitter persona) but agree with the first bit.

The Hutt Rec

It’s been more motivation for Neesham from what I’ve read and picked up on ... could be wrong though. Injuries, losing his Blackcaps spot and struggling with Otago would all have understandably fed into that.

Great to see Rutherford with the first century of the season ... and bringing it up hooking Wagner for four, he went for maximum difficulty!

Howsie

International Captain
Is that piss poor attitude a hearsay or is it for real? There's been nothing publicly mentioned about his attitude ever still cricketing circles say he's a bit of a dick. What's true? If his cricketing skills are good enough and offers plenty does it matter?
He’s a sulk. Yep, he’s a talented cricketer but he isn’t 21-22 anymore he’s 28. Talent almost doesn’t matter if you’re not up to much by his age. I hope he puts in a good effort with the ball this domestic season, a few dominate displays would be nice. He will always score runs but a few 150 plus scores wouldn’t go astray. Hands down win domestic player of the season, work your way back into the NZ team and go from there.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Jeet R get 100 as well after struggling for Yorkshire in the cc
After a month of facing the Duke on autumn English decks against actually decent CCD1 seamers, batting on a day 2 basin seamy road against the Kookaburra must seem like Sharne Warne Cricket 99 with the cheats on.