• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2018/19

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Auckland 21/3 after 4 against the Titans in Abu Dhabi. I'm going to stick with it for the one innings of Finn Allen's in the UAE I'm going to get this month (via a JAM T20 comp, not via NZC).

"He's got to stay there, he looks a pretty good batsman" - Brian Lara.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
Literally the first ball I've seen Finn Allen face and he smashes a six down the ground. Aaand he's out, great.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That is a seriously pants Aces side.

What is this tournament, just a hastily arranged warm-up sort of affair? Couldn't even find scorecards on cricinfo or anywhere.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
What is this tournament, just a hastily arranged warm-up sort of affair?
No it's funded by the Abu Dhabi Sports Commission (the FIFA Club World Cup, the F1 race, Euro Tour golf, 100+ other events). Abu Dhabi Cricket say the want to hold it every year, maybe a month earlier though so the Aussies are keener.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Black Caps to play Plunket Shield Rd. 1:
Central Stags — Ross Taylor
Canterbury — Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls,
Northern Districts — Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson and Tim Southee (subject to assessment for a knee niggle)
Auckland Aces — Jeet Raval

Rd. 2:
Central Stags — Adam Milne
Canterbury — Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls,
Northern Districts — Colin de Grandhomme, Ish Sodhi, Neil Wagner
Auckland Aces — Martin Guptill, Jeet Raval

Rd. 1, October 10-13:
Central Stags v Canterbury — at Saxton Oval, Stoke, Nelson
Wellington Firebirds v Auckland Aces — at Basin Reserve, Wellington
Northern Districts v Otago Volts — at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
CD batting stacked as usual (though Ben Smith will need to do better). Felix Murray the U19 guy - I don't remember much from him in the last U19 world cup. More of a batsman or bowler?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
No he's their left-arm orthodox Ajaz Patel replacement (Ajaz got both an NZA and Test squad assignment).

Murray is sort of diminutive and lobs it up into fairly reliable groupings, continued his record of often having the lower ER and being generally less boom-or-bust than Ravindra for the Hutt Hawks over the winter, rather than ever ripping it past the outside edge of the right-handers with high revs and splice-high bounce.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Southee now out of Rd. 1, a minor enough niggle that Bracewell says he's going to stay on his case about playing Rd. 2.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Northern Districts Team to Play Otago Volts:
Daniel Flynn (c) (Bay of Plenty)
Henry Cooper (Northland)
Kane Williamson (Bay of Plenty)
Dean Brownlie (Bay of Plenty)
BJ Watling (Hamilton)
Colin De Grandhomme (Bay of Plenty)
Daryl Mitchell (Hamilton)
Ish Sodhi (Counties Manukau)
Neil Wagner (Bay of Plenty)
Trent Boult (Bay of Plenty)
James Baker (Hamilton)
Nick Kelly (Counties Manukau)

The great eye and soft dismissals of bottom-hand dominant Kelly now higher in the ND batting pecking order than the poor ballstriking and general nerdish vibe of Popli, eh. Unless that's just a 12th man fielding judgement there. I might have to change my draft XI.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Wellington:
Woodcock
Fletcher
Bracewell (c)
Conway
Nofal
Neesham
Johns
McPeake
van Beek
Patel
Bennett
Newton

Ravindra away with NZA.

Howsie

International Captain
Northern Districts Team to Play Otago Volts:
Daniel Flynn (c) (Bay of Plenty)
Henry Cooper (Northland)
Kane Williamson (Bay of Plenty)
Dean Brownlie (Bay of Plenty)
BJ Watling (Hamilton)
Colin De Grandhomme (Bay of Plenty)
Daryl Mitchell (Hamilton)
Ish Sodhi (Counties Manukau)
Neil Wagner (Bay of Plenty)
Trent Boult (Bay of Plenty)
James Baker (Hamilton)
Nick Kelly (Counties Manukau)

The great eye and soft dismissals of bottom-hand dominant Kelly now higher in the ND batting pecking order than the poor ballstriking and general nerdish vibe of Popli, eh. Unless that's just a 12th man fielding judgement there. I might have to change my draft XI.
Bay of Plenty would probably win the PS themselves.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Here we go! First day of the season! Whoop! And Matt Henry starts right where he left off in England...

Athlai

Not Terrible
For a second I was impressed with how quickly they seemed to get the video up of the Henry dismissal. But when I actually tried to watch it, it appears to be about 20-30 seconds after the dismissal.

Flem274*

123/5
nathan smith is a #6 now?

silly from ND to wheel out a green top. as unfair as it is for the otago bats, it gives the otago bowlers a massive boost. better to prepare a normal pitch to exacerbate the difference in quality

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Henry getting well acquainted with that outside edge of Taylor's. Oh dear Cameron, I fear you may regret that one at the end of the day.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Yeah that looked like a rough drop, Taylor absolutely racing along now, almost a run per minute. Good to see the Blackcaps facing off against each other again!

Howsie

International Captain
nathan smith is a #6 now?

silly from ND to wheel out a green top. as unfair as it is for the otago bats, it gives the otago bowlers a massive boost. better to prepare a normal pitch to exacerbate the difference in quality
Yeah, surprising: But exciting if he’s actually that good with the bat.