• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan vs Australia in the UAE 2018

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Such an anticipated tour this thread appeared 10 days out from the start of the 1st test

Sep 29, Sat - Oct 02, Tue Australia vs Pakistan A, Four-day Practice match
ICC Academy, Dubai

Oct 07, Sun - Oct 11, Thu Pakistan vs Australia, 1st Test
Dubai International Cricket Stadium , Dubai

Oct 16, Tue - Oct 20, Sat Pakistan vs Australia, 2nd Test
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Oct 24, Wed Pakistan vs Australia, 1st T20I
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Oct 26, Fri Pakistan vs Australia, 2nd T20I

Oct 28, Sun Pakistan vs Australia, 3rd T20I

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
so the XI for.the practice match

Renshaw Finch Khawaja Marsh Head Marsh Paine Starc Neser Holland Lyon.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're gonna make Finch open when he usually bats middle order for Vics. Hmm.

I'll be staggered if Neser picks up more than one wicket in UAE conditions.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Neser was damn good last Shield season, but I can't see him being too effective in the UAE. Certainly don't think he was by any means a bad selection though, there are far mire questionable inclusions in the squad.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't even notice. Surprised about no Junaid, especially as Wahab is there for no reason at all.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It's somewhat odd how Pakistan haven't even considered Junaid for Tests in a couple of years, since before Amir returned in fact. Wondering if it may be fitness issues? I know he did spend a fair while injured before that.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Amir getting dumped is ITSTL. Especially when you've got Abbas and Hamza in the squad too. With that said, feel like Wahab would be more effective in the likely conditions.

the big bambino

International Captain
Actually I've just recalled that Amir is being work load managed so that may explain it. Just checked Mir Hamza's FC record. Wow. Profile says he's left arm medium but I'd suspect he's quicker than that. Anyone know what sort of speeds he bowls and anything else about his style?

trundler

Bowling averages in Pakistani domestic cricket are a bit like Ranji trophy batting averages. Saw him in PSL and he wasn't too slow.

Burgey

Pakistan should win this easily. Will be good to have some test matches on at decent watching hours though. Personally, am most interest to see how blokes like Renshaw and Khawaja perform. Hopefully they’ll both have decent series. Predicting Finch to be our leading runscorer though.