• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 'The Big One 2' - Zimbabwe Tour of South Africa 2018

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why do I have the feeling Zimbabwe batting first/bowling first makes no difference to the match outcome? They should ask for Ballance and Cartwright back.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So we pretty much have the main bowling sorted for the ODI team as long as everybody stays fit, Steyn, Rabada and Ngidi as well as Tahir and Shamsi. 5th bowler/allrounder still a little up in the air.

Bahseph

State Captain
I feel like Gibson still wants Morris in there. But Mulder and Phehlukwayo could get the gig as well.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thrashing Zimbabwe doesn't really count for much as demonstrated by Pakistan's disgraceful exit from the Asia Cup. Steyn getting match practice, and SA trying out new things still great to see.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thrashing Zimbabwe doesn't really count for much as demonstrated by Pakistan's disgraceful exit from the Asia Cup.
Not that I think thrashing Zimbabwe at home proves anything either way, but the team that played Pakistan bore little resemblance to this team due to the player strike at the time. I actually think Zimbabwe v Pakistan in Zimbabwe could've been vaguely competitive if this lineup had played them and not the prank squad that probably wasn't even in the top 15 teams in the world.

SeamUp

International Coach
Shamsi really has struggled this series.

Phehlukwayo and him are no certainties with some of their performances.

Miller just looked so out rhythm it's not funny. Did well to get to 39.

Otis Gibson had a real good smile on his face with Rassie van der Dussen's innings. With a few batsmen ie Markram, Hendricks and Jonker not really smashing the door down who knows.

For Zimbabwe. Pretty much the usual with the batting. PJ Moor finally contributing is good but really impressed with Brandon Mavuta's control of his leg-spin and looks like he bat a bit too.

Last edited:

Bahseph

State Captain
Yeah that extra batting spot really is up for grabs. I want it to be Klaasen, because I feel Markram needs to be at the top if he plays. But it could honestly be any of the players SeamUp mentioned except Jonker IMO. Reeza looks all or nothing, but he has proven that he can score in ODIs. Markram is giving us pretty cameos at the moment. Is that worth changing the order? I'm not certain.

SeamUp

International Coach
Paterson & Frylinck had good limited overs A tours.

Both started well in their first overs.