• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 'The Big One 2' - Zimbabwe Tour of South Africa 2018

Dendarii

International Debutant
Even after this knock, I don't think Steyn should bat above Rabada. Morris is a much better hitter than both - incomparable really. If Steyn plays, that will be due to his bowling.
Yeah, that wasn't meant as a serious comment. Unless Steyn has somehow undergone a complete transformation as a cricketer, he's never going to be selected for his batting.

Marius

International Debutant
Even after this knock, I don't think Steyn should bat above Rabada. Morris is a much better hitter than both - incomparable really. If Steyn plays, that will be due to his bowling.
I think that there is very little possibility of Dale Steyn being picked for his batting.

SeamUp

International Coach
**** pitches in SA becoming common occurrence.

We used to have the perfect balance for both formats.

stumpski

International Captain
Oh well … as I said, 130 would have been a fun chase to watch. Hard to see them even getting that now.

Bolo

State Captain
Love that comment from Steyn in the presentation when asked about the conditions- 'it's always a bit tough for me when I bat'.

He's the only player I've ever enjoyed seeing in post match interviews. He speaks so frankly when everyone else seems to give scripted responses.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
A bit disappointed in Hendricks as well, thought this might be the ideal series to ton up again

Haven't seen any of the cricket..were the pitches difficult to bat on or something?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When I saw Steyn got man of the match I was surprised to see he only took 2 wickets and Tahir had 6. Then I checked South Africa's batting :lol:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Hats off to Tahir who seemed to be in beast mode last night. Hard to stay positive about Zim's batting here, but yet again their bowlers have kept it tight.

First time I saw Jonker play, he looks alright.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA doing an India an sending a second string side to play the minnows. Never heard of half the guys in that team.

SeamUp

International Coach
Nice and all but I hope he is back for 2nd round of 4-day comp and doesn't stay for T20s #Breetzke

Faf took them for a quick whizz around his wine company last night.

Last edited: