• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh vs Kenya

Craig

World Traveller
chicane said:
His performances at the World Cup matter far more than any of his performances at Warwickshire. He has real potential.
What one good game v Sri Lanka?

I dont think it will be a gamble Warwickshire will be doing again in signing somebody outside of the Test arena.

chicane

State Captain
Craig said:

I dont think it will be a gamble Warwickshire will be doing again in signing somebody outside of the Test arena.
He picked up a fifer vs SL but bowled well in the other games too. He has a very good googly.

cbuts

International Debutant
jamee999 said:
It's with out the rebels not with them

For me in Tests

1.Banagladesh
2.Kenya
3.Zimbabwe

In ODI's

1.Kenya
2.Bangaladesh
3.Zimbabawe

agreed

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:

Why not?

A lot less money would be needed to pay them, and you know they'll be there for a full season.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yea but when you can only have a few international players... you aint really gunna pick a bunch of kenyans...
if they do - MAD, thats really good for cricket, but i dont see it happening often

Sudeep

International Captain
WI beat by Bangladesh by one wicket.

Definitely improvement on Bangladesh's part. But let's see if they can give WI a run for their money during the entire tour.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Bangladesh
Kenya
Zimbabwe

Bangladesh's bowling has improved enormously in the last year or so imo. It's a pity that Kenya is hardly playing any Cricket. I think they could have really improved if they got more exposure. They only played one tournament in WI after that Sharjah cup early last year. About Zim , forget it.

Sudeep

International Captain
vishnureddy said:
It's a pity that Kenya is hardly playing any Cricket. I think they could have really improved if they got more exposure. They only played one tournament in WI after that Sharjah cup early last year.
Can't agree with you more.

If Kenya were playing as much cricket as Bangladesh, maybe we could compare both better.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Why not?

A lot less money would be needed to pay them, and you know they'll be there for a full season.
Fair point, but if your going to sign somebody, you all also want them to preform...

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
without the rebels, i would still go with zimbabwe having the best of the 3 teams in the one-dayers. they still have players like taibu in them and none of the current bangladeshi or kenyan players can match taibu. also, in taylor and matsikeneri, they have 2 decent batsman. ebrahim also has the potential to be one provided he can score a bit quicker. i have never seen ebrahim taking any risks. in the bowling department, they have only 2 good bowlers in hondo and panyangara, but then they are not as good as the other bowlers in international cricket in tests, however, they are good one-day bowlers.

V Reddy

International Debutant
bhooth nath said:
without the rebels, i would still go with zimbabwe having the best of the 3 teams in the one-dayers. they still have players like taibu in them and none of the current bangladeshi or kenyan players can match taibu. also, in taylor and matsikeneri, they have 2 decent batsman. ebrahim also has the potential to be one provided he can score a bit quicker. i have never seen ebrahim taking any risks. in the bowling department, they have only 2 good bowlers in hondo and panyangara, but then they are not as good as the other bowlers in international cricket in tests, however, they are good one-day bowlers.
People seem to overrate Taibu here. I say Odumbe, Tikolo, Shah, Odoyo , Bashar ,etc,. are better than him. Taibu isn't capable of big hits too. You seem to rate Taylor and Stuart pretty highly. I say the whole of Kenya's batsman except for David Obuya are better than them and i would take Saleh, Ashraful ,Kapali ,etc,. over them any day. I didn't watch much of the new Zim bowlers as it was just too boring, i can't comment on them but surely the way runs are being scored against them they must be pretty bad

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i think its interesting that since the rebels left hondo has been bowling quite poorly... i know he wasnt amazing in the first place but he certainly bowled well with streak and co.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nnanden said:
i think its interesting that since the rebels left hondo has been bowling quite poorly... i know he wasnt amazing in the first place but he certainly bowled well with streak and co.
That's because he didn't have to lead the line then.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Captaincy skills may also come into Hondo's change of form. Maybe Streak understood how to set fields for Hondo a bit better than Taibu does.

Kenya and Zimbabwe may as well start an international domestic series a la the Windies. Maybe Nigeria could join in. They could form the "African Nations" squad and possibly have a decent team in a couple of years. Heh.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Captaincy skills may also come into Hondo's change of form. Maybe Streak understood how to set fields for Hondo a bit better than Taibu does.

Kenya and Zimbabwe may as well start an international domestic series a la the Windies. Maybe Nigeria could join in. They could form the "African Nations" squad and possibly have a decent team in a couple of years. Heh.
In one of the early world cups there was a team called East Africa.

Very few of the current Zimbabwe side would get in the Kenya team. Taibu and Ebrahim are the only ones I can think of.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hondo would for sure, as would Vermeulen.

The other sides that you'd want in a Southern African 'league' would be Uganda and Namibia.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Whoops. Yeah, I meant Namibia, not Nigeria. My bad.

I seriously think it's a good idea, though, especially with Zimbabwe having lowered their status drastically.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
if theres one good thing thats come from all this (and i said IF ) then its that a few youngsters have been unearthed and got a bit of experience. theres some talent there to raise and no doubt at least one guy whos gunna be in the future side (under19s world cup anyone...)