• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

Howe_zat

Audio File
October

1 England arrive in Colombo

5 v Colombo (50-over tour match), Colombo (RPS)

6 v Colombo (50-over tour match), Colombo (RPS)

10 1st ODI, Dambulla (d/n) (10:00 BST)

13* 2nd ODI, Dambulla (05:30 BST)

17 3rd ODI, Pallekele (d/n) (10:00 BST)

20 4th ODI, Pallekele (05:30 BST)

23* 5th ODI, Colombo (RPS) (d/n) (10:00 BST)

27 Twenty20 international, Colombo (RPS) (14:30 BST)

30-31 Tour match (opponents TBC), Colombo (NCC)

November

1-2 v Colombo (CCC)

6-10 1st Test, Galle (04:30 GMT)

14-18 2nd Test, Pallekele (04:30 GMT)

23-27 3rd Test, Colombo (SSC) (04:30 GMT)

*The second and fifth ODIs have rain reserve days

NB Fixtures and start times are subject to change. Howe_zat is not responsible for any changes that may be made

Howe_zat

Audio File
Full ODI squad

Jason Roy
Alex Hales
Jonny Bairstow
Joe Root
Eoin Morgan
Jos Buttler

Moeen Ali
Ben Stokes
Sam Curran
Chris Woakes
Liam Dawson

Adil Rashid
Tom Curran
Liam Plunkett
Olly Stone
Mark Wood

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I suppose it's good for England that a good number of the test bats are getting a go in the ODIs before the tests begin. If the pitches are anything like the Aus and SA series they'll need every bit of practice they can get.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Howe, can I assume you've found your love for cricket again? I do hope so, this forum is heaps better when your around.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Moeen will have a great time. I predict 25 wickets @ 12. Talking about the Tests of course.

flibbertyjibber

Moeen will have a great time. I predict 25 wickets @ 12. Talking about the Tests of course.
Joking aren't you. He is a pie thrower away from England.

As for the test squad, I presume they are waiting till the Championship season is over before naming it but that shows how muddled the thinking is that anything done this week or next may get you a place on the tour.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

lol you clearly haven't seen the wickets SL have been "preparing" for non-asian touring sides
Well in India he was terrible, he was outbowled by Rashid in India for gods sake. I hope he does well as it helps the team but given how everyone claims Anderson is useless away and won't do anything then it is fairer to assume a bloke with a dire record away will do nothing.

TheJediBrah

Well in India he was terrible, he was outbowled by Rashid in India for gods sake. I hope he does well as it helps the team but given how everyone claims Anderson is useless away and won't do anything then it is fairer to assume a bloke with a dire record away will do nothing.
They'll be very different wickets to India. Joe Root might bowl more overs than Anderson and Broad combined.

Groundking

International Debutant
If Broad doesn't go that I would like the following team;

Burns
Mitchel
Moeen
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler (wk)
Curran
Rashid
Leach
Anderson

flibbertyjibber

If Broad doesn't go that I would like the following team;

Burns
Mitchel
Moeen
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler (wk)
Curran
Rashid
Leach
Anderson
Wouldn't mid that, shows how mad it is though that we have no clue who the openers will be. Could just as easily be Jennings and Denly.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
I think they intend on taking Broad. Root has said that he wants Broad in Sri Lanka for the experience he brings or whatever it was. Of course, he might not go because of his injury but I think its more likely that he will be in the squad at least.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
but rashid actually bowled pretty damn well in india. its weird that no one wants to admit it.

anyway, this will be a 3-0 demolition job by sri lanka in the tests.

england to win at a canter in the odis.