• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

the big bambino

International Captain
You say that as if they not trying to do their job... as if they used to call no-balls and get it right all the time. My comment is that what we have found out is that to ask them to do that is not really a realistic task to give them along with all the rest, mistakes will have, are and will continue to be made, until something is done about it.

And ultimately the no-ball is the players fault; nothing will change my opinion of that.
If they're not calling as many no balls as appears then they are not.

Neither did I say the next part of your first sentence. I am just saying they should call no balls as its in their remit. As you know. There's no point being risk averse. They are being picked up for not calling them anyway to the detriment of their professional competence.

If you have a better idea good for you. I anticipate hearing it soon. Even though its a separate issue altogether.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Drat it, I was hoping for a lead closer to 400. I hate these Sri Lankan pitches that even Pushpakumara can take wickets on when he's so clearly not international class. Dilruwan too, to a lesser extent, he's really a 35-37 average bowler but the pitches recently have given him such a leg up.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I hope that Stokes is used earlier in the innings. Fair enough if Root wants to open with Broad & Leach, but surely give Stokes the still new ball after Broad's had a go.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Twice in a week
*for all intents and purposes..... Apologies I`m in the lab getting into a discussion on CW while trying to concentrate on experiments, poorly.

I`m happy to get on with this discussion in an alternate thread, this thread has been hijacked enough.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Great start from Broad. Really trying to rattle the batsmen here by going where they aren't expecting.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Has Stokes come around to being a better bowler than batsman again? Seems to have fluctuated over his career.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has Stokes come around to being a better bowler than batsman again? Seems to have fluctuated over his career.
I wish he could put his potential with both together for a sustained period (and keep out of trouble for once). It would be quite something.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Stokes has hopped his way to the top of the bowling averages for the series. Striking at 30 too.

I remember him being effective on turning pitches in Bangladesh. Must be something to do with catching the batsman off guard in the short bursts he bowls since he's not really suited to the conditions at all. All of his best spells have been bowling swing.

England really need him to improve with the bat more than the ball, but being the only seamer to get much out of this series and score more than most of the home side's batsmen isn't to be sniffed at