• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best to post this stat before Anderson takes a 5fer next game or something.

James Anderson:56 away tests played, 175 wickets @ average of 34.5 SR 69, 5 5fers, 0 10fers *
Ishant Sharma: 54 away tests played, 172 wickets @ average of 35.2, SR 62, 7 5fers,1 10fer.

* does not include neutral tests in UAE

It can genuinely be argued that Ishant is a better away bowler than Anderson.

Last edited:

vcs

But Ishant's away conditions include England and Anderson's include India..

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Kinda convenient for it to not include the UAE, where Jimmy has maybe done his best bowling away from home, invariably in unhelpful conditions.

vcs

If Moeen does well with the ball on his next trips to India/UAE, England have an excellent chance of getting a win/draw in those series.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
England really came to play, proved that there are some gaping holes and insecurities in this SL line-up too, the batting has been unstable for 3 years now and without phatty the bail out that has been so reliable at home wasn't there, great approach from the English batsmen though, credit really must go to them

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England really came to play, proved that there are some gaping holes and insecurities in this SL line-up too, the batting has been unstable for 3 years now and without phatty the bail out that has been so reliable at home wasn't there, great approach from the English batsmen though, credit really must go to them
Tbh don't think Fatteh's presence would have done any good either

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh don't think Fatteh's presence would have done any good either
I certainly disagree, but again the approach from England was what really stood out, I suppose the sweep tactic would have been quite effective against Herath, was always the best way to play him.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
congrats to England on a deserved series win.I thought we might have been in with a sniff of levelling at the end of day 4 but hey ho..It was a fair result. Glad to see Roshen back in the team but we have really missed Chandimal this series too. KM needs to be dropped for last test to give the lad a mental break and hopefully he will come back stronger like Mathews has done- he certainly has the ability, its the mental side that needs to come through now for him imo.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
With Sam Curran a concern for the Third Test the Stokes / Foakes / Woakes / Eight Other Blokes line up chance has increased once again.

TheJediBrah

The Rashid LBW he gave was some proper dire stuff. Smashed the cover off it.

We deserved it for Stokes' appalling review though.
The worst one for me was the one he gave off Rashid's bowling. Huge leg break to the left-hander, hit him in line with leg stump and was clearly missing by feet. I can understand not hearing/noticing an inside edge in the moment, happens, I just don't get how you can give an lbw that's almost hit a guy outside the line of the stumps and was turning massively further away.

Starfighter

Uncapped Nishan Peiris replaces Akila Dananjaya in Sri Lanka squad for third Test - ESPNcricinfo

I didn't know players only had 14 days to respond to having their action reported. Seems a little short for some of the guys from poorer countries. This Peiris guy had quite a mediocre record for a domestic SL player though he's only 21. I wonder if anything will prod SL into a producing a fairer pitch that gives their pace bowlers a go (granted I expect a traditional SSC flatty), I don't see Pushpakumara running through sides too often.

Gnske

What's with SL selecting so many fellas lately with at most a dozen games to their name per format?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bairstow for Curran and Broad for Anderson is the news.

I don't think there's been a test where we've had more wicketkeepers than bowlers before but here we are.